The Loop (TV)
|| 'Scuse Me While I Miss the Sky
- When Homer and Lisa are at the shop where they buy the telescope if you look closely in the background you can see Leather Craft from the episode "Sunday, Cruddy, Sunday".
- Miss Springfield was last seen with Mayor Quimby at the Olde Off-Ramp Inn in "Mr. Spritz Goes to Washington".
- Rigel 7, the home of Kang and Kodos is mentioned.
- The name of this episode is a reference to the 1960s classic Purple Haze, which contains the lyric " 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky ".
- Is is revealed in this episode that Willie supports Aberdeen F.C
- While sleep-deprived, Marge yells "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!", which is the famous opening catch-phrase of Saturday Night Live.
- This episode won the 2004 Annie Award for Outstanding Directing in an Animated Television Production.
- The song accompanying the Starry Night sky scenes in this episode is "Vincent (Starry Starry Night)" by Don McLean.
- The hood ornament on Fat Tony's car is actually an Emmy award.
- It is revealed that Bart once accidentally called the teacher 'Mom'. In Lisa the Iconoclast, Ralph calls Miss Hoover 'Mommy', but in Ralph's case he calls her that on purpose.
- The music at the planetarium display is the start of "Jupiter" from Gustav Holst's The Planets. Ironically, this suite is actually about astrology, not astronomy as such.
- This is the first appearance of Declan Desmond.
- Even though the power is out at the end, lights can still be seen through the windows of 742 Evergreen Terrace.
- In the film at the end, Dolph has Kearney’s voice and vice versa.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.