Abe was in England before D-Day and had one night of passion with Edwina before he had to leave England. Unknown to Abe, Edwina became pregnant and the result was Abbie. Abe and the rest of the Simpson family first met Abbie when she was 58 years old.
They had been visiting England and were on their way to catch their plane back to America, and Edwina and Abbie approached them in the airport.
When Abe realized that Abbie was his daughter, he ran off to the plane screaming, after saying "See you in Heaven."
While Abbie is obviously a biological Simpson (aside from her appearance and personality, she was born less than a year after Grampa's affair with her mother) she is not officially recognized by the family and never explicitly called a Simpson.
It is possible that even though she is female, Abbie may have somehow inherited the Simpson Gene defect that most of the Simpson males have.
As Dr. Simpson pointed out, all the Simpson women have high intellects and good careers, because the defective gene is on the Y chromosome.
This could be an instance of the gene skipping a generation or striking some and missing others, as her half-brother Herbert Powell also supposedly inherited the Simpson Gene, but it has not significantly affected him.
Behind the Laughter
- Episode – "The Regina Monologues"
- Episode – "Every Man's Dream" (in Homer's dream)
- Comic book – Simpsons Comics#165 (mentioned)
Notes & Trivia
- She appears as dimwitted as Homer.
- It’s unknown what the gender of her baby is, or the identity of the father.
- Abbie is affected by Simpsons gene, that affects only the men from Simpsons family.