Abraham Lincoln (or "Honest Abe") was the 16th President of the United States, the first President from the Republican Party and was a major figure in the abolitionist movement.
In 1860, Mabel Simpson was trying to get Virgil to Canada. While on their way, Mabel found that they were on a "MISSING" poster, and that they would most definitely be found because of Mabel's large hair. When he sees their problem, Abraham Lincoln says she can use his hat to hide her hair, and when Mabel put it on, she asked how does she look. When Abraham said that she looks like a pot-belly stove, Mabel gives him a dirty look. After seeing her bad look, Abe defends himself by saying, "Hey, hey. Honest Abe."
Abraham Simpson I was most probably named after him. Since he helped Mabel and Virgil, this may be true.
A squirrel was once found that resembled him. It later got assassinated.
In a deleted scene for the episode D'oh-in' in the Wind, a 911 caller called the Springfield Police Department requesting help, claiming that Abe Lincoln had not only been resurrected, but was also attacking the caller with a flamethrower, although Chief Wiggum understandably did not believe the caller, and added that even if such a claim actually was true, that was under the Springfield Fire Marshall's jurisdiction, not the Police Chief's jurisdiction. It is heavily implied that "Abe Lincoln" and his "attack" had been a hallucination induced by tainted Groovy Grove juice that were delivered that morning.
- Episode – "Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Brush with Greatness" (picture)
- Episode – "Lisa's Substitute" (picture)
- Episode – "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington" (appears as statue)
- Episode – "Bart the Murderer" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Radio Bart" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Marge in Chains" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Selma's Choice" (as a robot)
- Episode – "I Love Lisa" (played by Milhouse)
- Episode – "The Boy Who Knew Too Much"
- Episode – "Scenes from the Class Struggle in Springfield" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Summer of 4 Ft. 2" (mentioned)
- Episode – "My Sister, My Sitter" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Natural Born Kissers" (as a mini golf course hole)
- Episode – "D'oh-in' in the Wind" (mentioned; deleted scene only)
- Episode – "Bart to the Future" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Helter Shelter" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Today, I Am a Clown"
- Episode – "All About Lisa" (kissing Lincoln Coin)
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XIX"
- Episode – "The Color Yellow"
- Episode – "Homerland"
- Episode – "You Don't Have to Live Like a Referee" (in school assembly with Stephen Douglas)
- Episode – "Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?"