Under the foreign exchange student program, Adil was sent to live with the Simpsons for three months while Bart was sent to France. Adil got along well with everyone in the family, especially Homer, and was kind and polite to everyone. Homer, touched that Adil was so interested in his work (completely unlike his own kids), took a shine to him and showed him all over Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. Adil, for his part, took plenty of pictures and asked Homer lots of technical questions about the plant. Homer told Adil everything he wanted to know, even giving him a set of blueprints of the nuclear plant.
It was later discovered, however, that Adil was a spy. He had set up a fax machine and lots of radio and electronic equipment in Bart's treehouse, and was making regular reports to Albania, sending the very information that Homer had given him and the pictures he had taken (a number of which showed Homer posing in front of the machines in the plant). Adil was caught by the FBI when they raided the neighborhood. Instead of being punished, Adil was deported back to Albania and exchanged for an American child spy who had been caught in Albania. In spite of Adil's being a spy, the Simpsons were all sad to see him go.
Adil was later seen on a boat full of immigrants sailing into New York City. Bart, from inside the Statue of Liberty, hollered at them that the country was full, and the boat turned away and headed for Canada. It is likely, therefore, that Adil ended up in Canada.
Adil appears as an enemy in the Krustyland stage, he throws bombs from the top of a carnival game, due too the NES's limited color pallet he has blue hair in this appearance.
- While acting as a child spy for Communist Albania, Adil's codename was Sparrow.
- Adil Hoxha is made up of Adil Carcani's first name (The Prime Minister of Albania from 1981-1991) and Enver Hoxha's last name (The Communist Party's leader and de facto ruler of Albania from 1945-1985).
- When Homer agrees to pull strings at security to give Adil a tour of the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant, Adil says Excellent! in a similar manner to Charles Montgomery Burns, who ironically enough is the owner of the power plant he was going to conduct espionage on for the Communists.
Most of Adil's roles are only brief; the bold text indicates his major role.
- Episode – "There's No Disgrace Like Home" He is seen walking through Burns Manor after the picnic ended
- Episode – "The Crepes of Wrath"
- Episode – "Lisa the Beauty Queen"
- Episode – "The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson"
- Video game – The Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
|Ms. Albright | June Bellamy | Belle | Billy (actor) | Booberella | Colin | Cosine | Crazy Cat Lady | Michael D'Amico | David (Treehouse of Horror XVI) | Devan Woosterfield | Dia-Betty | Mia Farrow | Ginger Flanders | Mrs. Glick | Adil Hoxha | Bernice Hibbert | Cookie Kwan | Lester | Audrey McConnell | Medicine Woman | Mrs. Muntz | Lindsey Naegle | Manjula Nahasapeemapetilon | Opal | Poor Violet | Lois Pennycandy | Pepi | Phillips | Brunella Pommelhorst | Ronaldo (Blame It on Lisa) | Dr. Simpson | Agnes Skinner | Brandine Spuckler | Jitney Spuckler | Whitney Spuckler | Spud | Dolph Starbeam | Clara Stetson | Gino Terwilliger | Dame Judith Underdunk | Veronica | Vicki Valentine | Plopper | Princess Diana|