- “If you're so sure what it ain't, how 'bout telling us what it am?”
- ―Moe, to Lisa
- “Speaking from a strictly medical point of view…that ain't right.”
- ―Dr. Hibbert
The skeleton created a scandal in the town, and sparked age-old debates of science vs. religion.
As it turns out, the skeleton was a hoax to advertise the new mall, aptly named the Heavenly Hills.
Later, it is used as material to build the wall that separated Old Springfield and New Springfield.
Behind the laughter
- A scene explaining the contents of the skeleton, which included plaster, among other things, was not used in the finalized episode.
- Said components are plaster, cement wings, and the bones of a former mall employee.
- Episode – "Lisa the Skeptic"
- Episode – "A Tale of Two Springfields"
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run
- Book – The Simpsons Guide to Springfield
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out