Army Tanks are heavy, weapon-equipped vehicles that are used by the United States military during wars, and they have appeared in several Simpsons episodes.
Mr. Burns managed to commandeer a tank while running for Governor, and later when personally arriving at the Simpson residence with various members of the FBI to apprehend Mona Simpson for her part in a raid at a germ facility Burns had owned. However, the tune Burns played in the tank while arriving was supposed to be dramatic (specifically, "Ride of the Valkyries"), but the song "Waterloo" by ABBA was taped over the dramatic tune by Smithers by accident, and therefore is the tune the Simpson family heard when the FBI arrived alongside the tank.
An unnamed operative of the Air Force later attempted to use a tank when apprehending Sideshow Bob, but the fact that the Air Force normally does not use tanks also ended on a sour note when they also destroyed the Wright Brothers plane in the process.
This army tank is based on the M1 Abrams MBT.
- It has been noted that the Canyonero is apparently wider and heavier than a Panzer, which is one of the largest tanks in history.
- Episode – "Two Cars in Every Garage and Three Eyes on Every Fish"
- Episode – "Homer Goes to College" (end credits)
- Episode – "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song"
- Episode – "Mother Simpson"
- Episode – "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming"
- Episode – "Brother's Little Helper"
- Episode – "G.I. (Annoyed Grunt)"