Australia is a country in the Pacific Ocean, part of Oceania.
The Simpsons visit it when Bart makes a prank call asking what way the water goes. Bart then leaves the phone off the hook, raking up a huge bill for them as he made a reverse call. The guy sues him and Bart has to travel to a court in Australia. He ends up letting Bart Junior (a bullfrog) free and this results in a lot of bullfrogs infesting Australia, which there weren't previously.
Bart ended up calling an Australian bar using Denis Leary's stolen cell phone to play a prank call. Specifically, he called an Australian Bar called Crocodile Drunkee's requesting for a "Drew P. Wiener" causing the barkeep to call out for the person and stating, “I have in my hand a ‘Drew P. Wiener’.” The patrons laugh at him and tell him that he'd "better put it down, mate!", to the barkeep's frustration.
According to Abe, the Simpson forbears were once kicked-out of Australia.
When the Simpsons fly to Montana for a relative's wedding the flight gets slightly delayed because a jailbreak in the state of New South Wales.
In Australia, they use corporal punishment, the most popular method of which is "the boot", which is so popular it features on the national flag. This is of course, fictitious, and neither the flag nor the penalty appear in real-life.
- Episode – "Principal Charming"
- Episode – "Rosebud"
- Episode – "Bart vs. Australia"
- Episode – "Das Bus" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Lisa Gets an "A"" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "New Kids on the Blecch" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Pray Anything"
- Episode – "Lost Verizon"
- Episode – "The Color Yellow" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Politically Inept, with Homer Simpson" (New South Wales mentioned)
- Episode – "Homer Simpson vs. Sydney Opera House" (Sydney mentioned)