- This episode's title is a reference to the film "God's Not Dead".
- Also as in previous episode Bart was hit by a thunder this title could indicate that Bart didn't die due to that. So this episode could be a sequel.
- The title may also be a reference to Dead Bart.
- Homer tells Marge at the hospital, "as someone who has fallen off of cliffs lots of times". This could be referencing "Bart The Daredevil".
- In the opening to this episode, it reuses scenes from the past 29 seasons.
- The second set of credits at the end of act 3 has only one S in the last word of "Springfield Film Commision".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.