- “It's time you all learned that heaven can be a hell of a place!”
- ―Benjamin Franklin talking to the Simpson family[src]
Benjamin Franklin is a famous inventor who first appears in Bart's fantasy in Bart Gets An "F". He rushes into the Congress, announcing that he invented the sled. He and the Congress then rush outside for a snow day.
In Homer the Heretic, Franklin and Jimi Hendrix are playing Air Hockey in Heaven (in Homer's dream). As Homer and God walk by, Franklin scores a goal, declaring "that's game Hendrix,"(hinting that he won).
In Pygmoelian, he is among those inducted into the "Alco-Hall of Fame," and is represented by an animatronic robot.
In Gone Maggie Gone, Franklin is revealed to have overheard followers of St. Theresa of Avila's order discuss hunting a gem, which leads to him, George Washington and King George III staging the American Revolution as a cover for the trio's separate hunt for the gem.
The Simpsons Game
In The Simpsons Game, he comes out of Skybucks. Lisa asks him to let them pass through God's gate, but he obliges. He makes a final appearance as one of the icons God uses to defeat the Simpsons as the family destroy his Xodus Box.
- Episode – "Bart Gets an "F""
- Episode – "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Homer the Heretic"
- Episode – "Homer the Great"
- Episode – "Pygmoelian"
- Episode – "Mobile Homer"
- Episode – "Opposites A-Frack" (seen on one hundred dollar note)
- Episode – "Gone Maggie Gone"
- Comic story – Sense and Censorability
- Comic story – Lisa's Historical Dream (resembles Abraham Simpson II)
- Comic story – Homer's America (mentioned)
- Comic story – The Death of Comic Book Guy! (Part Three) (portrayed by Milhouse Van Houten)
- Comic story – Mass Historia!
- Book – Flanders' Book of Faith (mentioned)
- The Simpsons Game Level – "Game Over"