Bill Oakley (born February 27, 1966) is an American TV writer, best known for his work on The Simpsons. Along with his writing partner Josh Weinstein, whom he met when he was 14, Oakley was the executive producer and showrunner during the seventh and eighth seasons. Before serving as the show's executive producers, the pair were hired onto the writing staff during the fourth season. Together, the two wrote episodes such as "Who Shot Mr. Burns?". After leaving The Simpsons, Oakley and Weinstein created Mission Hill, The Mullets, and served as consulting producers on Futurama. He was born and raised in Union Bridge, Maryland, and attended St. Albans School, where he and Weinstein created cartoons for the school newspaper. He later attended Harvard University, where he was an editor of the Harvard Lampoon.
He is married to Rachel Pulido.
- Episode – "Marge Gets a Job"
- Episode – "Marge in Chains"
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror IV" (Terror at 5½ Feet)
- Episode – "$pringfield (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling)"
- Episode – "Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy"
- Episode – "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song"
- Episode – "Lady Bouvier's Lover"
- Episode – "Sideshow Bob Roberts"
- Episode – "Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy"
- Episode – "Bart vs. Australia"
- Episode – "Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part One)"
- Episode – "Who Shot Mr. Burns? (Part Two)"
- Episode – "22 Short Films About Springfield" (Skinner and Chalmers scene)