Blinky the Three-Eyed Fish (or simply Blinky) is a three-eyed orange fish species, found in the ponds and lakes outside the nuclear power plant. The Springfield Nuclear Power Plant caused the mutations.
The Blinky species is seen quite often in natural bodies of water in Springfield, and is a product of the nuclear waste of Springfield Nuclear Power Plant. Blinky is caught by Bart at the Old Fishin' Hole and a picture of it is snapped by Dave Shutton and put in The Springfield Shopper. At the same time Mr. Burns was running for governor, and Blinky became a major topic in his election. He defended Blinky saying he was the next step in the evolutionary ladder and not a horrible mutant. As a publicity stunt Mr. Burns has dinner at The Simpsons home, and Marge unexpectedly serves the Blinky that Bart had caught earlier. He ends up spitting it out because he was uncomfortable with it and losing the election to Mary Bailey all because of Blinky. Multiple three eyed fish were blinded by drinking the water in their river after Homer and several rednecks (including Cletus Spuckler) dumped Moonshine into the river to avoid being arrested by the police.
Blinky is the Springfield Curling team's mascot.
Blinky has met his unfortunate demise by the waste of Michael de Graff Express.
- Cow-Headed Fish
- Frink-Headed Fish
- 6-Eyed Fish
- 8-Eyed Fish
- 4-Eyed Fish
- 3-Eyed Whale
- 3-Eyed, Orange Creature from the Black Lagoon
- Green Blinky
- 3-Eyed Mutant-Movie
- 3-Eyed Crow, appears sometimes in Opening Sequence from Season 20 and up.
- Three-Clawed Lobster
- Three-Eyed Lobster
- 2-Headed 3-Eyed Fish
- In 2011, a three-eyed fish ended up being fished from a reservoir near a nuclear power plant in Argentina, similar to Blinky.
- In the Futurama episode T: The Terrestrial, he can be seen in Jrrr's fish tank.
- In the first Futurama episode, he can be seen swimming in the sea as Fry tries the New New York Tube system.
- The Springfield Air logo is a picture of Blinky.
- There is an evolved version of Blinky appearing in the series, and in The Simpsons: Tapped Out that appears to be based on the Gill-Man from the movie, "Creature from the Black Lagoon".
- Blinky is used as the saved data icon for The Simpsons: Hit & Run on the Playstation 2.
- A green-colored version of blinky appears in the first episode of Futurama.
The Simpsons Arcade Game: Blinky also appears in The Simpsons Arcade Game and can be picked up and thrown at an enemy.
Bart vs. the World: Blinky appears as an enemy in the Glacier level. He follows the ice flow Bart is riding on, and after a few seconds jumps out of the water to try and hit him. He also appears as one of the characters on the cards in the Concentration mini-game. Blinky is pink rather than orange-yellow, possibly due to graphical limitations.
The Simpsons Hit & Run: Blinky appears in Level 3, Mission 8. Lisa is tasked to collect several 3-Eyed Fish for the Sea Captain (although she decides to secretly free them all instead).
The Simpsons: Tapped Out: Blinky appears in the water when you place lakes.
LEGO Dimensions: While Blinky does not physically appear, Aquaman will mention encountering a three-eyed fish if he and Homer are together.