The Loop (TV)
||Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk (Burns to Sell the Power Plant)
- Stockbroker: Your stock in the plant just went up for the first time in ten years.
- Homer: I own stock?
- Stockbroker: All employees got some in exchange for waiving certain constitutional rights.
- Stockbroker: The book says to make small talk before getting down to business. Everybody alive?
- Homer: Yeah.
- Stockbroker: Like any sports?
- Homer: Sure.
- Stockbroker: Ever go dancing?
- Homer: Not anymore.
- Stockbroker: We should get together sometime.
- Homer: That'd be great.
- Stockbroker: There. Now we trust each other.
- German owners are attempting rapport with plant employees
- Horst: Guten morgen. I am Horst. The new owners have elected me to speak with you because I am the most non-threatening. Perhaps I remind you of the lovable Sergeant Schultz on Hogan's Heroes.
- Plant employees mutter amongst themselves in agreement
- Horst: First, we need to deal with substance abuse. Are there any alcoholics here?
- Man #1: Me.
- Man #2: Me too. In fact, I am drunk at this moment.
- Horst: Very well. You will be on convalescent leave for six weeks at a detoxification center in Hawaii, and will then return with back pay.
- Homer: (talking to himself) D'oh! Lucky drunks!
- Radioactive waste drips into a bucket
- Horst: We would like to have a talk with your safety inspector.
- Homer: Sock it to him, Horst!
- Homer lacks the situational awareness to see that he wears a nameplate that says "Homer Simpson, Safety Inspector"
- Carl: Hey, Homer, are you not the safety inspector?
- Homer: D'oh!
- Homer: Wow, chocolate half price!
- Homer: My job is my identity! If I'm not a safety whatchamajigger, I'm nothing!
- Moe: (Answering a prank call from Bart) Moe's Tavern. Moe speaking.
- Bart: Uh, yes. I'm looking for a Mrs. O'Problem, first name Bea.
- Moe: Uh, yeah. Just a minute. I'll check. Uh, Bea O'Problem? Bea O'Problem! Come on, guys. Do I have a B.O. Problem here?
- Barney: You sure do! (laughter)
- Horst: We understand, Homer. After all, we are from the land of chocolate.
- Moe: Hey, would you sing that old song you used to sing for me??
- Bart: Moe, for you anything.
- Horst: You've been safety inspector for two years. What initiatives have you spearheaded?
- Homer: Uh, all of them?
- Horst: I see. Then you must have some good ideas for the future as well.
- Homer: I sure do!
- Horst: Such as?
- Homer: Well, uh, I wish the candy machine wasn't so picky about taking beat-up dollar bills, because a lot of workers really like candy.
- Carl: Those Germans aren't so bad.
- Lenny: Sure, they've made mistakes in the past, but that's why pencils have erasers.
- Horst: Could we have a word?
- Homer: No.
- Horst: I must have phrased that badly. My English is inelegant. I meant to say, may we have a brief, friendly chat?
- Homer: No.
- Horst: Failed again. We request the pleasure of your company for a free exchange of ideas.
- Homer: Nooo!
- Horst: Mr. Simpson?
- Homer: Huh? Oh, sorry. We were talking about chocolate?
- Horst: That was ten minutes ago!
- Homer: Do you know anything about Germany?
- Lisa: Well, it's a country in Europe.
- Homer: Good. I'm learning.
- Lisa: An economic power of the world.
- Homer: Because we send them money?
- Lisa: No. They're efficient and punctual, with a strong work ethic.
- Homer: D'oh!
- Bart: Hey Mr. Burns, did you get that letter I sent you?
- Montgomery Burns: Letter? I don't recall any letter?
- Bart: That's because I forgot to stamp it!
- Bart stomps on Mr. Burns's foot.
- Last lines of episode. Mr. Burns has reclaimed ownership of the SNPP, but still has yet to clean up toys from his office, which the Germans had converted into a nursery. He brandishes a letter opener.
- Montgomery Burns: Rehire that chap who sassed me in the bar.
- Waylon Smithers: Homer Simpson, but why?
- Montgomery Burns: Simpson, eh? As for him, many years will pass, where he will remain unaware the Sword of Damocles is dangling just above his head and when he least expects it...
- Mr. Burns uses letter opener to stab a toy pig, which squeals.
- Simpson residence. Homer is on the phone while entire family listens in
- Homer: WOO HOO! I got my job back!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.