The Canyonero is a trademark Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) in The Simpsons. It was endorsed by Krusty the Clown when it first appeared in "The Last Temptation of Krust". It is a large red SUV and was introduced just as the SUV craze began to hit the United States. The design is basically a parody of the large SUV and the "I own an SUV, therefore, I own the road" style of driving. The theme song helps to demonstrate this. Homer buys a red Canyonero in Marge Simpson in: "Screaming Yellow Honkers" (according to Marge, he used their 401K savings to buy the Canyonero), but soon realizes he bought the F-series. ("F" presumably stands for "Female".) The only difference between it and the normal model is the cigarette lighter being replaced by a lipstick holder. He refuses to drive it, not wanting to be seen as a homosexual (especially when Lenny and Carl proceeded to mock him for driving it); when Marge drives it, it sends her into a state of road rage. It is most likely a parody of the Jeep Wagoneer, but it also has similarities to the Ford Excursion and the Land Rover Range Rover. It also worth noting the similarities in exterior design between the Simpson family station wagon and the Canyonero, from the basic outline to the color. One might say that it is simply the Simpson's wagon on a truck frame and with an angled front fascia.
Billboards for the Canyonero Hybrid appeared in several episodes; one claimed the 2014 model gets "11 miles to the gallon!" This version has resemblance to the first-generation (1991-1994) Ford Explorer.
The theme song was sung by Hank Williams, Jr.
(Hank, Jr.) Can you name the truck with four wheel drive, Smells like a steak and seats thirty five? Canyonero! Canyonero! Well, it goes real slow with the hammer down, It's the country-fried truck endorsed by a clown, Canyonero! Canyonero!
(Krusty) Hey, hey!
"Telling it like it is" version:
12 yards long, 2 lanes wide, 65 tons of American pride! Canyonero! Canyonero! Top of the line in utility sports, Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts! Canyonero! Canyonero! She blinds everybody with her super high beams, She's a squirrel-squashin', deer smackin' drivin' machine, Canyonero! Canyonero! Canyonero! Whoa, Canyonero! Whoooooaaaa!
- The Canyonero is Marge's car in The Simpsons Road Rage and in The Simpsons: Hit and Run. With the use of a cheat code, a Thanksgiving version of Marge and the Canyonero can be used on Thanksgiving in The Simpsons Road Rage.
- 65 tons is a weight heavier than most tanks; likewise, "12 yard long, 2 lane wide" exceeds the dimension of even the largest functional tank in history, the Panzer VIII Maus. http://www.achtungpanzer.com/panzerkampfwagen-viii-maus-porsche-typ-205-tiger-iip.htm
- The Canyonero is likely a parody of the Jeep Wagoneer, but it has some resemblance to a 1980s Range Rover and size dimensions similar to a Chevrolet Suburban or Ford Excursion.
- During the Canyonero commercial in "The Last Temptation of Krust", the Canyonero drives to the top of a "car mountain" composed of Ford Explorers and Jeep Grand Cherokees before catching fire on top of the "car mountain," intending that the Canyonero is a competitor to those SUVs, but the Explorer and Grand Cherokee are smaller in size than the Canyonero.
- The name 'Canyonero' inspired the name of an SUV from the 2006 racing/derby game Need For Madness, and it's sequel, Need For Madness 2.
- Episode – "The Last Temptation of Krust"
- Episode – "Marge Simpson in: "Screaming Yellow Honkers""
- Episode – "Kill the Alligator and Run" Seen on the back of a magazine
- Episode – "Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge" Driven by Carl
- Episode – "Moonshine River"
- Episode – "White Christmas Blues"
- Episode – "The Last Traction Hero"
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run
- Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- Comic story – 24/7th Heaven
- Comic story – Breaking Bart Has monster truck tires
- Comic story – Ralph vs. The Wild
|The Simpson Family|
|Pink Sedan • Orange Station Wagon|
70's Sport Car • Canyonero • Crappy RV • Homer's RV • Lil' Bandit • Morgan Super Sports • Pontiac GTO • Shorts Car
|Ambulance • Blood Zoni • Bus Route 22 and 22A • EPA Helicopter • Fire Truck • Old Springfield Subway • Plow King • Mr. Plow • Police Blimp • Police Boat • Police Car • Police Tank • School Bus • Springfield Monorail • Springfield Pool Mobile|
|AMC Gremlin • Barney's Helicopter • Blue Station Wagon • Book Burning Mobile • Burns' Limo • Curator • DeLorean • Duff Blimp • Duff Party Bus • Duff Truck • Elec-Taurus • Geo Metro • Gone Fission • Krusty Burger Truck • No Gland Car • Pontiac Firebird • Studebaker Starliner Commander • Stutz Bearcat • Willy's Tractor • WWII Jeep|
|The Homer • Honor Roller • Dr. Frink's Hover Car • Frinkosonic MHV • Surveillance Van|
|Levels||Level 1 • Level 2 • Level 3 • Level 4 • Level 5 • Level 6 • Level 7|
|Characters||Homer • Bart • Lisa • Marge • Apu • Non-Playable characters|
|Vehicles||Pink Sedan • Honor Roller • Malibu Stacy Car • Canyonero • Pontiac Firebird • 70s Sport Car|
|Locations||Evergreen Terrace • Downtown Springfield • Squidport|
|References/Trivia • Appearances • Extras • Credits • Quotes|