The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
- The title is a reference to the HBO drama "True Detective".
- The CRT TVs in scrap city are organized in a way they look like the Pillars of Creation.
- Bender from the TV Series Futurama and The Simpsons episode Simpsorama appears on The Simpsons basement, acting as a money safe.
- One of the wrecked Springfield Monorail wagons can be seen on the scrap yard.
- Skinner shows the kids the movie Doctor Dolittle.
- Lisa mentions that she has been watching a lot of Sherlock Holmes movies.
- Tyler said he met Nelson through "Clash of Castles", an obvious parody of the hit game Clash of Clans.
- This is the first episode since Coming To Homerica to feature CRT TVs, not counting flashbacks. In fact, Bart and Lisa observe several CRT TVs in the Scrap city.
- On the sign for the Scrap city, the word "Sponsor" suddenly changes to "Sponser".
- This episode is one of the episodes not to have an opening sequence.
Previous Episodes References
- Diatribe of a Mad Housewife - Lisa says "Mmmmm.... " like Homer. Also, Homer is given a task by Marge but gets distracted.
- Faith Off and Eight Misbehavin'- Homer is grilling.
- Treehouse of Horror, Mom and Pop Art and Take My Life, Please - Homer is lying on his carpet in their living room or at least is pulled there after lying on their garden.
- E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt) - Homer challanges/is challanged by someone to something he doesn't practice to.
- Homer and Apu - Somebody states that something is worse than something, Grampa has something to do with.
- Mobile Homer - Marge forces kids to wear other clothes. Also, Homer is shocked, at his garden, to discover that something he bought (he also buys the smoker like the RV without Marge's premmision and even the RV was bought for money that were saved by Marge) has been stolen.
- New Kids on The Bleech and Blazed and Confused - Somebody adds the word "smell" or "stink" to the ending word "son".
- The Winter of His Content - Homer calls Lou and Eddie to solve a case on his estate.
- Sky Police - Somebody states that a "name" that was said is not a name.
- Judge Me Tender - A Simpson family (Homer or Marge) mixes all of the spices.
- Homer Loves Flanders - Somebody sees in their hallucination a meat as living and talking animal the meat is made from.
- Simpsorama - Bender is seen in Simpsons' cellar.
- Yokel Chords - Marge spends her savings for something that is "more important" according to her.
- Marge vs. the Monorail - The wrecks of Springfield Monorail is seen.
- At Long Last Leave - Bart is throwing a ball on Homer's head.
- Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song - Someone's beard is on fire. And not in a present day.
- Burns' Heir - Homer states that trying is useless.
- Covercraft - Tyler Boom's ringtone is the opening notes of Sungazer's "Hopin' For A Dream"
- Life on the Fast Lane - Homer lays in the garden on his back even when Bart talks to him.
- Itchy & Scratchy & Marge and Homer Simpson in: "Kidney Trouble" - Marge needs a spice shelf but doesn't have one or at least one proper.
- Hurricane Neddy - Kearney Zzyzwicz steals Squishee from Kwik-E-Mart.
- Diggs - Bart/Nelson eats a dead frog.
- When Nelson spins the Merry-go-round, Lisa was not holding onto it, but she somehow stays on top of it. Normally, a person would have been thrown away from the ride due to momentum.
- Normally, Nelson is shown as a poor kid, but in this episode, he has plenty of money to afford a tablet. He might have saved up his money.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.