Dr. Griffin, otherwise known as the Invisible Man, is the titular character from the 1897 novella The Invisible Man written by H. G. Wells, and the 1933 movie of the same name and its sequels.
The Invisible Man is first seen chasing Bart Simpson and Springfield residents. He is later seen with all the other monsters and he has his arm around the Mummy.
Behind the Laughter
- Other works of H. G. Wells have been referenced in other episodes such as the 'War of the Worlds' segment in Treehouse of Horror XVII.
- Vincent Price was parodied in another episode and Price is famous for portraying the Invisible Man two times in his career.
- Episode – "Mayored to the Mob" (Somebody in costume)
- Episode – "My Fair Laddy"
- Episode – "Treehouse of Horror XXIV"
- Episode – "101 Mitigations" (Somebody in costume)
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out