Marge and Homer once listened to a book on an audiotape named "Mr. and Mrs. Erotic American" in order to get advice on spicing up their marriage. One piece of advice from said book, "Double your pleasure with a bath...together!" was attributed to Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower.
When Sideshow Bob forced all of the television stations in Springfield to shut down, Krusty the Clown got back on the air by taking over the Emergency Broadcast System's facility. As he frantically rummaged around the building, he announced that he would bring hours of comedy on his show, featuring "Professor Gas Can" and a "former president like Eisenhower", holding up a gas can and a picture of Eisenhower to the camera, respectively.
During his tenure as President of the United States, Eisenhower visited the La Maison Derrière in Springfield to celebrate his 40th wedding anniversary. His visit was photographed and hung up on the wall; however, Mrs. Mamie Eisenhower wasn't in the picture for reasons unknown.
Martin Prince once drew a picture of Louis St. Laurent with U.S. president Dwight D. Eisenhower during Bart's party for getting a perfect score on his test, and comments that their relationship was "frosty at best", meaning that they were having trouble with their relationship and it wasn't going well.
When the Simpson family left Grampa home alone while they went on a walk, they kept him occupied with a DVD of Dwight D. Eisenhower talking about golf and comparing the sport to World War II battles he had participated in when he was a U.S. Army general.
A picture of Dwight D. Eisenhower, along with the other 43 U.S. presidents at the time (with the exception of Donald Trump), was seen in a book that Gary Chalmers showed Bart to while teaching him about the presidents, before Bart became interested in Chalmers' hero, Theodore Roosevelt. However, Bart was only able to identify a few of the Presidents, and Dwight D. Eisenhower wasn't one of them that Bart identified.
Behind the Laughter
- Dwight and Mamie Eisenhower were married in 1916, so Ike's 40th wedding anniversary party at the La Maison Derrière would have been taken place in 1956 during his first term as U.S. President.
- Like in the DVD of him talking about golf that occupied Grampa, Eisenhower was an avid golfer in reality.
- Dwight D. Eisenhower recently appeared in The Simpsons: Tapped Out as a premium limited time character during the 4th of July 2017 mini-event, and comes with his four-wheel drive car.
- Episode – "Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy" Mentioned
- Episode – "Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming" Photo
- Episode – "Bart After Dark" Photo
- Episode – "Sleeping with the Enemy" Drawing
- Episode – "No Loan Again, Naturally"
- Episode – "Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts" Photo
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- ↑ Grampa vs. Sexual Inadequacy
- ↑ Sideshow Bob's Last Gleaming
- ↑ Bart After Dark
- ↑ Sleeping with the Enemy
- ↑ No Loan Again, Naturally
- ↑ Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts