They both wrote a book about their fantasies, 'The Tales of Equalia', in the fictional kingdom, but it failed to get published. In Equalia there are several magical beings, such as fairies, gnomes, unicorns and an ogre that resembles Homer. There is also a special 'Two-nicorn' that Juliet and Lisa discover. Lisa stopped going to Equalia after she realized that Juliet was a bit crazy. Kearney also invisioned this land, but when he imagined it, he was a huge, green dragon.
Known citizens of Equalia
- Queen Helvetica (Lisa Simpson)
- Queen Valedictoria (Juliet Hobbes)
- Homeroni (Homer Simpson)
- Dragon Kearney (Kearney Zzyzwicz)
- The Fairy
- Two Trolls (Jimbo Jones and Dolph Starbeam)
Behind the Laughter
- The episode is a parody of the film Heavenly Creatures and Equalia is based on the "Fourth World," a fantasy realm created by the films two primary characters. Juliet Hobbes is based on Juliet Hulme, one of the two girls from the film, which is based on a true story.
- What was been said about Equalia's government seems similar to "classical communism", where the citizens are treated equally, but that government is dictorial, or as Lisa says it: "A land where everybody's equal but we're in charge."