The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
"Flanders is His Name" is the precursor to the hit song "Everybody Hates Ned Flanders" in the episode "Dude, Where's My Ranch?". It is performed by Homer, Lenny and Carl. The music was written by Alf Clausen and Ken Keeler and the lyrics by Ian Maxtone-Graham and Keeler. It is part of the seventeenth track on the album The Simpsons: Testify. The first part of the song ("Christmas in December, wow wow wow") may or may not have the same melody as Usher's song "OMG".
- Christmas in December!
- Wow, wow, wow!
- Give me tons of presents
- Now, now, now!
- Hey, hey, Homer! Writing a new Christmas carol?
- Well, the bible says it's fun to do stuff together.
- There's a stranger in the manger,
- And his name is love.
- Take it, Homer.
- (Homer shoves Flanders outside.)
- Oh, I got it. You want me to stay out here and work on the chorus.
- Flanders, I am a patient, reasonable, handsome man. But even I have my limits. Now beat it!
- (Homer attempts to spray Flanders with water from the garden hose but the water ends up freezing.)
- Why, thank you, Homer. It's a Popsicle and my favorite flavor: plain.
- (Flanders breaks off a piece and licks it, Homer gets furious and accidentally sprays and freezes himself.)
- Lousy no good—How'm I supposed to write a song with that stupid jerk bothering me all the time and—? Wait a minute.
- (plays three notes on the piano)
- Everybody in the U.S.A.
- Hates their stupid neighbor,
- He's Flanders and he's really really lame.
- Flanders tried to wreck my song,
- His views on birth control are wrong.
- I hate his guts and Flanders is his name.
- Homer, Lenny and Carl:
- He's the man that I hate best!
- I'd like to see his house go up in flames!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.