Fort Springfield is the main military compound in Springfield. When Principal Skinner was a sergeant for the US Army, he worked for Fort Springfield. Part of the fort has been preserved as a historical site, which Springfield Elementary School went on a field trip to.
The government once closed Fort Springfield, which devastated the city's liquor and prostitution industries. This, in turn, lead the entire city into an economic slump, with record unemployment rates. It was because of this, that the city decided to legalize gambling, to help recover from the slump.
- Episode – "Homer at the Bat" Softball team seen
- Episode – "Lisa the Beauty Queen"
- Episode – "$pringfield"
- Episode – "Homer Loves Flanders"
- Episode – "Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song"
- Episode – "The PTA Disbands"
|This article relating to a Simpsons location is a stub. You can help Simpsons Wiki by embiggening it.|