Germany (German: Bundesrepublik Deutschland) is the most-populated country in Europe. Two German businessmen, Hans and Fritz took over the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant and brought in German workers like Horst. Üter Zörker originates from Düsseldorf, Germany and Coach Lugash escaped East Germany by cartwheeling over the Berlin Wall. It was known for its production of various chocolates, which caused it to be nicknamed the Land of Chocolate as Hans and Fritz mentioned when taking over the plant. However, Homer took their statement to mean something else.
From 1949-90, Germany was split into two seperate countries; the Federal Republic of Germany (West Germany) and the German Democratic Republic (East Germany). The two divided nations reunified in a formal ceremony on 3 October 1990.
Non-Canon AppearancesAround the World in 80 Bites, the third level in The Simpsons Game.
In the second segment of "Treehouse of Horror XVII", after Homer becomes a blob he eats four Germans when he ends up at the Oktoberfest.
- Episode – "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk"
- Episode – "Raging Abe Simpson and His Grumbling Grandson in "The Curse of the Flying Hellfish""
- Episode – "The Old Man and the "C" Student" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Days of Wine and D'oh'ses" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "A Tale of Two Springfields" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Children of a Lesser Clod" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "Little Girl in the Big Ten" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "The Heartbroke Kid"
- Episode – "Treehouse of Horror XVII" (in Married To The Blob)
- Video game – The Simpsons Game