The Grand Pumpkin was a giant pumpkin which appears in all the pumpkin patches in the world on Halloween and brings candy to kids who truly believe in him. Bart claims to have made him up to mess with Milhouse, but his big childlike belief brought the Grand Pumpkin to life. When the Grand Pumpkin learned people cut pumpkins on Halloween to make funny faces, and make pumpkin bread out of them, he got furious and started to eat all humans. He is also racist, as Nelson threatened a yellow pumpkin in order to dissuade the Grand Pumpkin from eating him, causing the Grand Pumpkin to tell him to do it as he doesn't care for yellow pumpkins. He also claims that all pumpkins are racist and the only difference is that he admits it. He is defeated by a giant turkey who also came to life because of Milhouse's beliefs. The giant turkeys name was Tom.
- It is obvious that the Grand Pumpkin is a parody of the Peanuts episode: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. The difference is that unfortunately for Linus (who is the only kid who believes in the Great Pumpkin), the Great Pumpkin never comes.
- The Grand Pumpkin is probably hollow, as evidence that Homer, Willie and Nelson were unharmed by him eating them.
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XIX"
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XXIV" (Photo)
- Episode – "Puffless" (seen in Intro)
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XXX" (as a hallucination)
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out