The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|Halloween of Horror||
- Homer whistles the theme song from the 1978 horror movie Halloween, referring to it as a "happy tune".
- The Krustyland event "Halloween Horror Night" is a likely reference to Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights events which are done at Universal's theme parks in Orlando, Hollywood, Singapore, and in Osaka, Japan.
- Homer and Lisa being chased by three masked intruders in their own home is likely a reference to the 2008 horror movie The Strangers.
- Ned mentions the Treehouse of Horror series, asking Homer if he had enough of the treehouse to tell three terrifying tales, to which Homer replies that they are doing it next week.
- The musical number in this episode is a reference to the song Time Warp from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Rainier Wolfcastle was shown dressed as Jessica Rabbit (from Who Framed Roger Rabbit) for Halloween.
- Some of the adults' costumes:
- Melvin Van Horne: Riff Raff from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Bernice Hibbert: Angel
- Julius Hibbert: Devil
- Krusty the Clown: Ancient Greek
- Horatio McCallister: Hobbit
- Otto Mann: Hobbit
- Cookie Kwan: Slutty Crayon
- Lindsey Naegle: Slutty Crayon
- Clancy Wiggum: Frankenstein's monster
- Sarah Wiggum: Dominatrix
- Moe Szyslak: Pharaoh
- Elizabeth Hoover: Steampunk woman
- Princess Kashmir: Steampunk woman
- Hans Moleman: Steampunk man
- Jonathan Frink: Steampunk man
- Kumiko Albertson: Steampunk woman
- Comic Book Guy: Steampunk man
- Miss Springfield: Carrie White
- Patty Bouvier: Cavewoman
- Selma Bouvier: Marie Antoinette
- Akira: Zombie
- Judge Constance Harm: Cruella de Vil
- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon: Army veteran
- Snake Jailbird: Elvis Presley
- Doris Freedman: Slutty cop
- Mrs. Muntz: Wonder Woman
- Manjula Nahasapeemapetilon: Indian princess
- Bumblebee Man: Priest
- Lurleen Lumpkin: Western saloon dancer
- Ruth Powers: Daenerys Targaryen
- Kent Brockman: David Bowie
- Barney Gumble: Borat Sagdiyev
- Herman Hermann: Austin Powers
- Luann Van Houten: Slutty Squirrel
- Kirk Van Houten: Acorn
- Rainier Wolfcastle: Jessica Rabbit
- Groundskeeper Willie: Rosie the Riveter
- Agnes Skinner: Amy Winehouse
- Timothy Lovejoy, Jr.: Rock fan
- Helen Lovejoy: Rock fan
- Waylon Smithers, Jr.: Geisha
- Dewey Largo: Geisha
- Grizzly Shaun: Geisha
- Jasper Beardly: Steampunk man
- Disco Stu: Diver
- Nick Riviera: Steampunk man
- Some of the Springfield Elementary students' costumes:
- This episode is the first fully canon Halloween-themed episode and is also currently the only Halloween special to not be part of the Treehouse of Horror-series.
- This episode was rated TV-14.
- Homer gives false advice to the viewers to what they would expect in "Treehouse of Horror XXVI".
- Post credits scene: Maggie finds Tailee and the Halloween theme plays as the camera zooms in Maggie's eye pupil.
- In the UK this episode can't be aired before the 9PM Watershed because of the lyrics and the costume designs in the song Grown Up Halloween
- When Homer sits on the couch to calm Lisa down, he puts a popcorn bowl beside her, but when the three former employees ring the doorbell, the bowl disappears and Homer sets a puzzle box on its place.
- The products at Apu's Halloween store change places between scenes.
- After Homer tells Lisa to plug in the decorations, Homer cries for help, but his mouth is not moving.
- Bernice’s Angel costume changes from white to purple when Marge returns to Everscream Terrors.
- When Homer and Lisa are running upstairs in panic because of the intruders, Tailee disappears from Lisa's hand. It reappears when they are upstairs.
- The same mistake occurs when Lisa is climbing onto the roof: Tailee disappears when Homer is holding her and reappears when she gives it to Homer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.