- “American tax dollars will help our allies, who fought so poorly and surrendered so readily.”
- ―President Truman
Harry S. Truman was the 33rd President of the United States.
With the people of Europe struggling building, following the end of World War II, Truman promised relief. To make good on what was later described as a "drunken boast", he authorized the one-time printing of a legal trillion-dollar bill, featuring his likeness on it. Truman entrusted delivery of the bill to the nation richest (and therefore most trustworthy) citizen Charles Montgomery Burns. Unfortunately, Burns instead never delivered it, keeping the bill for himself, resulting in European leaders deciding to act snooty to Americans forever.
- Episode – "The Trouble with Trillions"
- Episode – "Large Marge"
- Episode – "Bart Stops to Smell the Roosevelts" (picture)
- Episode – "The Kid is All Right" (mentioned)
- Episode – "'Tis the 30th Season" (animatronic)
- Book – Flanders' Book of Faith