High to Be Loathed is a song sung by Charles Montgomery Burns to convince Abe Simpson to be a wrestler again. It appeared in the episode "Gorgeous Grampa". The song was written by Allen Simpson and Matt Selman.
- Mr. Burns:
- Don't really care for chasing women.
- Never was keen on booze.
- Don't take cocaine or "Mary-Jane",
- No, I get drunk on boos!
- Eh, that's "b-o-o-s", not "z-e" as before.
- Bart Simpson:
- Uh... We get it...!
- Mr. Burns:
- You've got to love to be hated.
- Find the good in being bad.
- Oh, the crowd is full of gentlemen,
- But they've paid to see the cad.
- Yes it's a hoot, a kick, a gas,
- When you're the villain of the show.
- Once you wear black you never go back,
- It's a high to be loathed.
- Chucky, Stalin, Megatron,
- Eric Cartman, Donkey Kong.
- Vader, Nader, Simon Legree.
- Terminators 1, 2 and 3.
- Iago, Joker, Voldemort.
- McEnroe on center court.
- Mr. Burns and Skeletor,
- Keep your good guys, what a snore.
- When it's your head they wanna sever,
- And your blood they wanna shed,
- You know you're gonna live forever,
- If everybody wants you dead.
- So listen up because I've given,
- The best advice you'll ever know.
- So feel the thrill, I know you will,
- It's a high to be loathed!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.