- A poster in Flanders' rumpus room reads: Seven days without a drink makes me weak.
- Pictures of Fat Tony and Ms. Botz (the babysitter bandit) can be seen at Springfield Police Station.
- Kwik-E-Mart's street number is shown to be 4950.
- There is an "El Barto" graffiti tag on the police station's wall.
- The items that Molloy stole from the Simpsons were: Lisa's saxophone, Bart's portable TV and stamp collection and Marge's necklace.
- This is the first episode to air in 1994.
- The improvised uniforms Homer's vigilantes are wearing are:
- Homer: A Jungle Explorer's outfit from the Victorian era.
- Skinner: A Green Beret uniform.
- Apu: An Indian Army uniform based on styles from the 1800s.
- Barney: A fast-food-based uniform
- Moe: A Boy-Scouts uniform, topped with a Kaiser German helmet.
- When Nelson calls on the phone to harass Bart about his stamp collection, the closed-captions miscredit the line to Milhouse.
- When everyone is cheering for Ned, Apu's hand is yellow.
- When Homer is on the news talk-show he puts his hand on his chest and the opening of his shirt appears over the back of his hand.
- Homer's lips don't move when he says, "No burning leaves without a permit!"
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.