It Was a Very Good Beer is a song performed by Homer in the episode Duffless. It is a parody of the song, "It Was a Very Good Year" written by Ervin Drake, specifically the famous Gordon Jenkins arrangement for Frank Sinatra's Grammy-winning version. It is the thirty-third track on the album Songs in the Key of Springfield.
- Homer: Well, beer, we've had some great times.
- When I was seventeen,
- I drank some very good beer,
- I drank some very good beer
- I purchased with a fake ID.
- My name was Brian McGee,
- I stayed up listenin' to Queen
- When I was seventeen.