Jacqueline Ingrid "Jackie" Bouvier (née Gurney) is the mother of Marge Simpson, Patty and Selma Bouvier, and the widow of the late Clancy Bouvier. She also had a sister named Gladys, who is now deceased.
Common Bouvier Traits
Jacqueline shares many Bouvier family traits with her daughters. When Marge was a little girl, Jacqueline had a blue beehive hairdo like Marge's, and her voice was also very similar to Marge's as an adult. Jacqueline used to smoke all the time, like her twin daughters Patty and Selma, but apparently later quit. However, Jacqueline still has in common with Patty and Selma a pessimistic and critical outlook on life, rarely smiling. While she may also have a generally negative opinion of Homer like Patty and Selma, this has seemed to have soften over the years; she even states that "Patty and Selma are a sort of evil" when they purposely provoked Homer one night.
Jacqueline had a brief romance with Abraham Simpson, her son-in-law Homer's father. However, she broke up with him when she was wooed by billionaire Montgomery Burns, whom she nearly married before Abraham's intervention made her decide she was better off alone.
Behind the Laughter
Simpsons creator Matt Groening named Jacqueline after Jacqueline Lee Bouvier Kennedy Onassis. She has the tallest hair of any Simpsons character. According to a DVD commentary, her appearance was created by "taking Marge's model and squashing it."
- Episode – "Moaning Lisa" (flashback)
- Episode – "Bart vs. Thanksgiving"
- Episode – "The Way We Was" (flashback)
- Episode – "I Married Marge" (flashback)
- Episode – "Black Widower"
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror III"
- Episode – "Selma's Choice"
- Episode – "Lady Bouvier's Lover"
- Episode – "Another Simpsons Clip Show"
- Episode – "Fear of Flying" (flashback)
- Episode – "And Maggie Makes Three" (flashback)
- Episode – "A Fish Called Selma"
- Episode – "The Regina Monologues"
- Episode – "Moe Letter Blues"
- – The Simpsons Movie Seen on Wedding Video