- “I ain't sayin' nothin'!”
- ―Johnny's catchphrase
- “Tell 'em to suck a lemon.”
- ―Johnny's quote
Johnny is presumably in his 30's, and he works for the D'Amico crime family. Johnny has short black hair, shifty eyes, and wears a purple suit.
Laconic Johnny says very little, which spares him from accusations of being a "squealer" (being the only other suspect besides the more obvious Frankie the Squealer), but his reticence tends to be unhelpful to himself or others. When Homer and Krusty are caught by Fat Tony trying to steal several violin cases containing Tommy guns (they were actually trying to take back a violin belonging to Krusty's daughter) during a mafia summit at his mansion, a shoot-out ensues and Johnny gets shot. When asked where he is injured, he says, "I ain't saying nothing!" When asked what to tell the doctor, he says, "Tell 'em to suck a lemon."
He has, however, elaborated. For instance, he did mention to Homer, when Fat Tony explained that there was a way to settle the debt (via using his house as the set for an adult film), he explained that the title was Lemony Lick-It's A Series of Horny Events.
Even in The Mook, the Chef, the Wife, and Her Homer, he comforted Fat Tony’s son, Michael, at the hospital while Fat Tony was recovering from some non-fatal gunshot wounds inflicted on him by another mob family.
Homer mentions he digs wells in Darfur on vacation. (Penny-Wiseguys)
He speaks occasionally in 22 For 30 (season 28).
He drives a Black Lincoin Continental with license plate ZERO2SAY.
He even has two family members, his mother and grandmother, whom he calls his granny. Although in Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge, when Fat Tony asked Johnny how his mother is, he exclaims “Oo-whee, who says I have a mother?”
Although very reticent, that doesn't mean he isn't treacherous, as Fat Tony learned the hard way when Johnny framed Fat Tony for pick-pocketing wallets and set Fat Tony up into walking into a warehouse storing them.
Behind the Laughter
Johnny Tightlips is a reference to Frank "Tight Lips" Gusenberg -- who was shot down in the real-life St. Valentine's Day Massacre in Chicago and replied, "nobody shot me," while dying.
On the "Insane Clown Poppy" commentary, it is discussed that the original name for the character would be "Tightlips Johnny."
- He is the Goons in The Simpsons Arcade Game.
- In Insane Clown Poppy and Poppa’s Got a Brand New Badge, Johnny Tightlips‘ skin color had a darker shade of yellow, then the rest of the series afterwards, his skin is instead a normal yellow coloration.
- The character’s nickname is a reference to the Omertà (Mafia code of Ethics).
- In Waverly Hills 9-0-2-1-D’oh, it’s revealed that, upon learning from Chief Wiggum that Batman will be at Ralph Wiggum’s birthday party, Johnny Tightlips, along with Fat Tony, Legs, and Louie, is terrified of Batman, admitting that he ”Ain’t messing with no caped crusader,” due to the fact that Batman would beat a villain up for a confession.
- Fat Tony called him, "my Joisey [Jersey] muscle"
- Frankie The Squealer admitted that Johnny Tightlips has a bad back.
- His birth name 'Silencio' is a misspelling of the Italian word 'silenzio', which means 'silence'.
|Don Vittorio DiMaggio | Fit Fat Tony | Louie | Legs | Joey | Johnny Tightlips | Michael D'Amico | Frankie the Squealer | Jimmy the Snitch | Joey the Arsonist|
|Former Mafia Members|
|Fat Tony (deceased) | Bart Simpson | Homer Simpson | Nicky Bluepants Altosaxophony|