LEGO Dimensions is a Toys-to-Life video game based on many LEGO toy lines, including The Simpsons that was released September 27, 2015.
Characters from various LEGO universes join forces to defeat Lord Vortech, who threatens their very existence.
The Simpsons Content
A "Level Pack", and two "Fun Packs" have been made for the TV Series.
In the story mode, we see The Simpsons be spotlighted in the second level in the game, called "Meltdown at Sector 7-G. In this level, we see Lord Business from The LEGO Movie and The Joker from DC Comics invade Springfield. In the rest of the game, Homer will occasionally be summoned, much to his terror.
The level pack serves is a LEGO adaptation of The Mysterious Voyage of Homer. Though some of the elements are either condensed, expanded upon to be made more game-play friendly or removed to make the game more suitable for children (for example any reference to alcohol is removed).
The Simpsons has its own Hub. This features many of the locations from the show (with Moe's Tavern and the First Church of Springfield being the most noticeable omissions). This hub features sidequests given out by Hans Moleman, Groundskeeper Willie, Mayor Quimby and Grampa.
Homer Level Pack
Bart Fun Pack
Krusty Fun Pack
Behind the Laughter
- Archive Recording was used for the characters voiced by Dan Castellaneta and Johnny Cash, while the other characters are completely silent in the game.
- The scene with Homer on the wrecking ball from The Simpsons Movie makes a cameo in the GLaD to See You level.
- When Homer sees Scooby-Doo, he says, "Hey wait a minute, there's no such thing as a talking dog!".
- In the Back to the Future level, Once Upon A Time Machine in the West, Lord Vortech makes the Kwik-E-Mart fall out of the sky and land in the middle of the 1885 version of Hill Valley to block Batman, Gandalf and Wyldstyle from getting to him.
- Doc Brown from Back to the Future seems to know Homer Simpson when he says, "Homer! Just the man I need! Do you have some plutonium I can borrow?".
- When Marty McFly from Back to the Future sees Bart, he says, "Hey look, a fellow skater! Ever used a hover board pal?".
- Doc Brown knowing Homer, Marty McFly asking Bart if he ever used a hoverboard, and the Kwik-E-Mart falling from the sky, landing in the middle of the 1885 version of Hill Valley seem to be references from Back to the Future: The Ride changing into The Simpsons Ride at Universal Studios.
- Bart sometimes gets watched by the ACU Trooper from Jurassic World, he says to Bart, "Just because I'm not a guard here, doesn't mean I'm not watching you, kid!".
- When Unikitty from The LEGO Movie sees Homer, she asks to have a sip of his Buzz Cola, saying, "Is that a can of Buzz Cola? Can I try some? I've never had sugar before!".
- When Homer sees that Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters, he says, "Mmmm! Marshmallow!".
- When Homer sees Batman, he gets excited and says, "Batman!".
- When Homer sees Superman he says, "Save me Superman!".
- Bart Simpson doesn't have any lines in the game at all.
- When Batman sees Bart, he says, "Hmm...could this child be the elusive "Bartman"? No...that's just not possible."
- The actual Simpsons Theme doesn't play in the game at all.
- Lenny Leonard was mentioned in the opening cutscene.
- When Sonic sees Bart, he says, "Hey Bart. Remember, if you see a gold brick lying around just take it! Take it! Take it! Take it!... Take it!". This is a reference to the episode Marge Be Not Proud, when Bart starts imagining various video game characters when contemplating stealing Bonestorm, with Sonic urging him to steal it.