Las Vegas is widely known as the Entertainment Capital of the World. Ned and Homer visit the city after Homer tries to make Ned do more fun activities as Ned realizes he has not lived a single day in his life. They visit some casinos such as Nero's Palace (parody of Caesar's Palace) and wake up the next day drunk. They then find out that they accidentally married two of the waitresses at the casino and try to run away from them but get stopped by some of the acts performing in Vegas like Gunter, Ernst and Drederick Tatum. They then get kicked out of the city and haven't been back since.
Homer also was going to go to Las Vegas along with Moe Szyslak, Barney Gumble, Lenny Leonard and Carl Carlson for Moe's paid-for expense vacation, but was forced to not attend due to Bart's latest hijinx, requiring Homer to drop him off at a correctional facility, and he can't simply drop him off at the airport because Bart was banned from flying. Although he manages to drop him off, he later has a change of heart and has Bart come along to Las Vegas, although Homer ends up losing track of Bart as well as getting arrested after precipitating a fight with a pit boss. This, along with Marge getting arrested for selling Homer's expired prescription medication during a yard sale, forced Lisa to seek employment in order to obtain plenty of money to pay for her parents' bail.
Behind the Laughter
Las Vegas is the most populated city in its state, Nevada, and an internationally renowned major resort city for gambling, shopping and fine dining.
- Episode – "The Springfield Connection" Mentioned
- Episode – "Bart on the Road" Mentioned
- Episode – "Bart the Fink" Mentioned
- Episode – "The Homer They Fall" Mentioned
- Episode – "Mountain of Madness" Mentioned
- Episode – "Viva Ned Flanders"
- Episode – "Alone Again, Natura-Diddily" Mentioned
- Episode – "Brawl in the Family" Mentioned; appears in flashback
- Episode – "The President Wore Pearls" Mentioned
- Episode – "Sleeping with the Enemy" Mentioned
- Episode – "The Last of the Red Hat Mamas" On TV
- Episode – "We're on the Road to D'oh-where"