- “You know, if you were only old enough to grow a bad teenaged moustache, I'd go out with you in a second.”
- ―Laura Powers[src]
Laura and Ruth Powers (Laura's mother) moved into the house next door when the Winfields moved out. Marge Simpson and Ruth became fast friends; so did Laura and Bart Simpson. After Laura made Bart faint, Bart developed a crush on her, but he later had his heart broken when he found out that she and Jimbo Jones were in a relationship. After Bart prank called Moe's Tavern, Laura chose that Jimbo was no good for her and said that she would date Bart if he were a little older: "If you had a bad teenage mustache, I'd go out with you in a second." She then kissed Bart. Ever since the events of "New Kid on the Block", Bart and Laura have not been in contact again.
Laura appears to be no longer living with her mother, but she is still in Springfield. According to "The Strong Arms of the Ma", Marge exclaims her surprise when she sees Ruth again at Springfield's muscle beach, calling Ruth an old neighbor, which implies they had moved out sometime after "New Kid on the Block". Near the end of the Trappuccino incident, she throws rocks at Homer Simpson when he returns to Springfield and raggedly appears in the crowd alongside her mother upon the climax of the dome's destruction.
Laura has a tomboyish, laid-back and quick witted charming personality. While outgoing and upbeat, she also displays a great deal of etiquette and manners, from which she owes to a strict and rigorous childhood.
Her interests include rebellious quasi-thugs, poking dead bodies with a stick, and messing with peoples's minds. Her favorite restaurant is "Two Guys from Kabul." However, she dislikes authority and disco. Some of her extracurricular activities include babysitting, telling fortunes and dance instructing.
Laura Powers has long brown hair and normally wears a white top, black pants, and a green jacket.
- On June 17, 2015, as part of the level 54 update, Laura was added to The Simpsons: Tapped Out as a premium character. You first need to build the Powers house to unlock her. In the associated questline, she is openly hostile towards Bart and attempts to avoid him while she is overly attached to Lisa.
- Laura's signature quote as found on Skybox trading cards is actually inaccurate; it was Bart who asked the question "J'ever have a Hertz Donut?" Laura only responded to counter in playful kind to the prank, saying "Hurts, don't it?"
- Laura's jacket has a corporal insignia on it.
- Laura is probably around 18 years old as she no longer lives with Ruth Powers (Laura's mother).
- Episode – "New Kid on the Block" (debut and only speaking appearance)
- Episode – "Marge on the Lam" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Another Simpsons Clip Show" (flashbacks)
- Episode – "Poppa's Got a Brand New Badge" (cameo)
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XXVII" (Dry Hard)
- – The Simpsons Movie (cameo)
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- Comic story – Siege on Evergreen Terrace (cameo)
- Book – The Simpsons: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family
- Book – The Bart Book
- Book – Simpsons World: The Ultimate Episode Guide, Seasons 1-20