Maurice LaMarche (born March 30, 1958) is a Canadian-American voice actor, and former stand up comedian. LaMarche was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, but his family moved to Timmins, Ontario soon after he was born.
At the age of 19, LaMarche took his high school act to an open mic night in New York, performing to a reaction in which, as he describes, "they just totally ignored me." Three years later, at the age of 22, Maurice moved straight to Los Angeles to further his stand up career. This move, LaMarche says, would always be something he regretted doing instead of moving to New York.
Maurice's first entrance into the voiceover industry was in 1979 in Easter Fever and Take Me Up To The Ballgame, two Canadian films. LaMarche didn't venture into voiceover acting again until years later as a part-time job when he was doing standup.
Maurice LaMarche began on Inspector Gadget, and landed his first major role in animation on The Real Ghostbusters as the voice of Egon Spengler. Afterwards, LaMarche became a regular mainstay of the voiceover industry, and was a prominent part of many of Warner Bros Television Animation's cartoon series. He was the voice of Dizzy Devil in Tiny Toon Adventures, various voices on Taz-Mania, and later landed perhaps his most recognized role in 1993 as The Brain on Animaniacs (and later its spin-off show Pinky and the Brain). He also provided the voices of Squit, and numerous other characters on Animaniacs. He is also well known for his work on Futurama, where he voices Kif Kroker, Morbo, Lrrr, Calculon, and many others.
LaMarche has continued to work steadily in television, including guest roles on The Simpsons.
- Provided the loud belch given by Jay Sherman in "A Star is Burns"
- George C. Scott (A Star is Burns)
- Commander McBragg (The Seemingly Never-Ending Story)
- Orson Welles (Treehouse of Horror XVII and Frink Gets Testy)
- Billy (The Wife Aquatic)
- "Horn stuffer" (Stop or My Dog Will Shoot!)
- Fox announcer (You Kent Always Say What You Want)
- Government official (Treehouse of Horror XVIII)
- Jock (Husbands and Knives)
- Milo (Married to the Blob)
- Toucan Sam (Dangerous Curves)
- Robert D. Eisenhower (No Loan Again, Naturally)
- City inspector (Waverly Hills 9-0-2-1-D'oh)
- Additional voice (Chief of Hearts)
- Additional voice (Homer Goes to Prep School)
- Newscaster (Coca-Cola advert)
|Dan Castellaneta | Julie Kavner | Nancy Cartwright | Yeardley Smith | Hank Azaria | Harry Shearer|
|Pamela Hayden | Tress MacNeille | Maggie Roswell | Russi Taylor | Karl Wiedergott | Christopher Collins | Doris Grau | Jo Ann Harris | Marcia Mitzman Gaven|
|Special Guest Voices|
|Kelsey Grammer | Maurice LaMarche | Joe Mantegna | Marcia Wallace | Greg Berg | Albert Brooks | Phil Hartman | Jan Hooks | Jane Kaczmarek | Jon Lovitz | Frank Welker|