- If you listen closely, Hamill does holler, "Back off, you freakin' dweebs!" (a little note to those who've seen this episode and don't have closed captioning on their TVs) when the Mayor sacrifices him to the mob at the convention, but Hamill hollered something else before that line and the captioning didn't catch it (It sounded as if he said, "Watch the hair!").
- Mark Hamill wears his Skywalker costume throughout the episode, except for the end where he has on a blue flannel button-up shirt.
- ALF is supposed to be at the convention but isn't seen there (only Mark Hamill and one of the "gay robots" from "Star Wars").
- The "Lost in Space" robot was voiced by Dick Tufeld (although he was never credited for this episode).
- In reality, Jonathan Harris doesn't do "appearances" or "cameos"; this is why his voice was impersonated in this episode.
- When Fat Tony says, "I am not so much disappointed as I am blinded with rage", the dark circles under his eyes disappear.
- The window in Quimby's limousine goes from closed to open in the blink of an eye.
- The blue box at the "Doctor Who" autograph booth should have the words "public call", the first on top of the latter, squeezed between the words "police box" on the top panel.
- Milhouse can drink rat's milk, even though in the flashback episode "Lisa's Sax", he told Bart that he had to drink soy milk because real milk can kill him.
- Unlike the real Cylons in "Battlestar Galactica," the one pounding C-3PO didn't have the moving red eye.
- There is an eerie abundance of martinis in this episode and most of them don't appear until needed.
- After the presentation of "Guys and Dolls", the set that Mark Hamill destroyed was perfectly repaired and standing where it was supposed to be.
- How did the robot from "Lost in Space" know Bart's name when Jonathan Harris (the doctor from "Lost in Space") invited Bart to the food court?
- The episode title is a pun on the film Married to the Mob.
- Üter wears a Futurama shirt to the Bi-Mon-Sci-Fi-Con.
- Among the autograph signers at the Con are:
- When Mark Hamill makes his entrance at the convention, he uses his lightsaber to knock down several cardboard cutouts of Imperial stormtroopers and one of Wonder Woman.
- Among the mob beating C-3PO is a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica.
- Homer's sleeper hold looks more like a Vulcan nerve pinch from Star Trek.
- Mark Hamill hollers at Homer to "Use the forks!" to foil Lenny's assassination attempt on Mayor Quimby, a pun on "Use the Force," one of the catchphrases from Star Wars.
- Fat Tony beating Mayor Quimby with a bat references a scene in the film The Untouchables where Al Capone (played by Robert DeNiro) beats one of his henchmen to death with a bat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.