- “I can't believe I'm playing video games with Bart Simpson. I sketched you so many times in my dream journal.”
- ―Melody Juniper
In order to get closer to Calliope Juniper, Principal Skinner arranges a date between Bart Simpson and Melody, while the two of them chaperone. Melody happens to be a big fan of Bart, as she keeps a dream journal containing many drawings of her and Bart, including one where they are depicted as a three-headed dragon (where Bart has two heads). The next day, Bart tells her he wasn't interested in dating her as he states that she is more like a sister and that he doesn't like his Lisa Simpson (Bart's sister), which causes Melody to walk away crying (while upside down on her hands) and this upsets her mother that it causes the both of them to leave Springfield.
- The name Melody means "song" (μελος) (melos) and "to sing" (αειδω) (aeido).
- Melody's surname Juniper is named after a type of tree.
- Melody's school record states, "WARNING: ODD. Do NOT take her Raggedy Ann away!".
- Melody is also shown to be very obsessive over her Raggedy Ann doll.