Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
|Monty Burns' Fleeing Circus||
- The name of the episode is a reference to Monty Python's Flying Circus.
- On the title screen, Kodos flies across with a banner reading "Vote Kodos / Make the Universe Great Again", a reference to the presidential campaign of Donald Trump.
- Bart's chalkboard gag says that his arm needs Tommy John surgery. Tommy John surgery is a surgical procedure, where a patient has a torn or broken muscle from his body removed and replaced with a healthy arm muscle. At this point, Bart has been doing these chalkboard gags for 27 years.
- The couch gag not only parodies Adventure Time, but it has lots of references to previous episodes, such as:
- The Multi-eyed squirrel from The Simpsons Movie.
- "H.J.S. + M.B." initials written inside a heart carved in a tree from "The Way We Weren't".
- The Springfield Lemon Tree from "Lemon of Troy".
- Bobo from "Rosebud".
- Barney driving the Plow King from "Mr. Plow".
- Moe Szyslak as a Yeti from "Moe Goes from Rags to Riches".
- Homer trying to jump the Springfield Gorge with a skate and failing from "Bart the Daredevil".
- Lisa is playing her saxophone near a cave full of fireworks and with Linguo besides her from "Trilogy of Error".
- Olmec head from various episodes.
- The Angel Fossil from "Lisa the Skeptic".
- An image of Stampy on Bart's treehouse from "Bart Gets an Elephant".
- Among the things on the junkyard, there's a picture of nude Mr. Burns from "Brush with Greatness"; a Funzo skeleton from "Grift of the Magi"; Chief Knock-A-Homer from "I, (Annoyed Grunt)-Bot"; The Homer from "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?"; The Bear Buster 5000 from The Fat and the Furriest; a wagon from the Springfield Monorail from "Marge vs. the Monorail"; Mr. Sparkle boxes from "In Marge We Trust" and The Smoker from "Cue Detective".
- Chief Wiggum references the statue The Thinker by Auguste Rodin.
- The Channel 6 headlines for the riot was "Quiet Riot". Quiet Riot is the name of a heavy metal band.
- The song Because I Got High by Afroman plays during one of the power Plant's "parties".
- When Mr. Burns was talking about how he wanted to stage to be the same way it was when he was a child, Skinner and Chalmers dressed as The Blues Brothers were seen dancing behind him.
- Among the spectators laughing at young Mr. Burns is Itchy as seen in Steamboat Itchy.
- Rod and Todd sing Michael Row the Boat Ashore as their performance in the play.
- Ralph Wiggum coming out of the melting donut hole at the end of the episode and saying "That's all folks!" is a reference to the endings for the Looney Tunes episodes.
- Poltergiests of two characters, Maude Flanders and Edna Krabappel, appears between Ned Flanders in the stage seats.
- The broken Springfield sign spells the word "Singed".
- One of the jokes made reference to the Arnold Palmer drink, that uses lemonade and ice tea. Ironically, Arnold Palmer, the golfer who invented the drink died a few hours before this episode was aired.
- Mr. Burns was a child in 1913. This would make him around 110 years old in 2016.
- This is the second time the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant had its core rupture due to it being contaminated by food, after "Simpson Tide" (which dealt with Homer placing a contaminated donut into the reactor in order to enlarge it).
- Maggie is swivel-eyed on the promotional image released for this episode.
- Apu is seen with the octuplets in baby carriers in the start of the episode, but a few seconds later, he appears with Manjula when the town of Springfield are looking up at the sky without wearing the octuplets in the baby carriers.
- At the first audition at the bowl, Lisa's headset changes sides between scenes.
- There was no year 0 BC., as the years went from 1 BC. to 1 AD. However, Homer's ancestor probably doesn't understand that.
- Manjula changes clothes between two scenes.
- When Mrs. Burns was licking Burns at the pageant, a line appears through her face for a frame.
- Krusty the Clown's makeup turns yellow for a few frames.
|◄ Season 27||Season 28 References/Trivia||Season 29 ►|
|Monty Burns' Fleeing Circus • Friends and Family • The Town • Treehouse of Horror XXVII • Trust But Clarify • There Will Be Buds • Havana Wild Weekend • Dad Behavior • The Last Traction Hero • The Nightmare After Krustmas • Pork and Burns • The Great Phatsby • Fatzcarraldo • The Cad and the Hat • Kamp Krustier • 22 For 30 • A Father's Watch • The Caper Chase • Looking for Mr. Goodbart • Moho House • Dogtown|