- “Scorpio, you're totally mad!”
- ―Mr. Bont
Mr. James Bont is a secret agent and an enemy of evil genius and CEO of Globex Corporation, Hank Scorpio. He was captured in his attempt to stop Scorpio but managed to escape. However, he was tackled by an oblivious Homer Simpson, who was unaware of Scorpio's activities. Bont was immediately executed by Globex guards. Scorpio was clearly pleased with Homer's performance, but Homer believes that Mr. Bont was simply a loafer on the job, as evidenced by Homer's later boasting to his family that he nabbed a loafer. He was sent by the UN to foil Hank's plans but was killed by four Globex soldiers. His allies are the United Nations and the American G.I and Rangers that storm the Globex building later on in the episode and nearly every soldier is killed by Hank's staff.
Behind the Laughter
- Mr. Bont is an obvious parody of Ian Fleming's famous spy character, James Bond, specifically the way he was when he was portrayed by Sean Connery.
- The scene where he is captured and almost killed by Scorpio's laser is a parody of the film Goldfinger. However, unlike Bont, Bond managed to successfully escape.
- As an interest fact, Bont was originally meant to actually be James Bond, but the idea was changed for fear of a lawsuit.
- Orignally he was going to make his debut in $pringfield (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling) using the James Bond name, but the scene was deleted, but you can still find it in The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular.
- Episode – "$pringfield (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling)" (Deleted Scene)
- Episode – "The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular " (Deleted scene from other episode)
- Episode – "You Only Move Twice"
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out