|| No Good Read Goes Unpunished
- This episode's title is a reference to the phrase, "no good deed goes unpunished".
- The Itchy & Scratchy Show had an entire series marathon, with the hashtag, #EverySlaughterEver. This is a reference to an occasional marathon of The Simpsons, with the hashtag, #EveryEpisodeEver.
- The Itchy & Scratchy Show episode, "Leave it to Cleaver" is a parody on "Leave it to Beaver". The similarly titled following episode, "Cat Scratch Cleaver", is a pun on the disease Cat Scratch Fever.
- The Art of War is a reference to book of the same name by Sun Tzu. The Art of War could also be a reference to the episodes "The Bart of War" and "The War of Art."
- Tunnelcraft is an obvious parody on Minecraft.
- Lisa and Marge break the fourth wall to pander to some opposing protesters in recently heightened controversy over the show's Indian character, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon, popularized by the Hari Kondabolu documentary film, "The Problem with Apu".
- The star of the silent films shown in the "silent movie night" theater appears to be modeled after Harold Lloyd.
- This episode is a response from the production crew of The Simpsons to the controversy on Apu Nahasapeemapetilon.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.