Many episodes of the FOX show The Simpsons feature parodies of celebrities. These are different from actual celebrity cameos since these people seem to have never actually appeared on The Simpsons in a cameo role and the references are often satirical in nature.
- Rush Limbaugh - Birch Barlow seems very similar to the right-wing radio commentator from "Sideshow Bob Roberts".
- Robert Frost - American poet Robert Frost appears on Krusty's show in "I Love Lisa" trying to read his poem Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening when Krusty dumps snow on him.
- Mark Russell - In "Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington" there is a parody of famous political musician, Mark Russell playing The Deficit Rag and The Trading Gap Shuffle.
- Siegfried & Roy - Gunter and Ernst are a very familiar pair of tiger-tamers who actually get mauled by one of their tigers.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger – is an ongoing character parody in the form of Rainier Wolfcastle, a.k.a. McBain.
- Elvira, Mistress of the Dark/Vampira - parodied in several episodes in the form of Booberella, a scantily-clad late-night horror movie hostess with abundant cleavage.
- George Lucas - In "Co-Dependent's Day" the family met Randall Curtis, creator of Cosmic Wars. An obvious parody of George Lucas.
- John F. Kennedy (and other Kennedys) - Mayor Joe Quimby exhibits many Kennedyesque traits, from a wealthy upbringing, to an allegiance with the Democratic Party, to a penchant for womanizing, to a Massachusetts accent.
- Steven Spielberg - In "A Star is Burns", Mr. Burns hires Señor Spielbergo, a Mexican Director after being unable to get Spielberg to direct his movie. Burns describes him as his 'non-union Mexican equivalent'.
- Mike Tyson - The boxer Drederick Tatum is a clear parody of Tyson, he has appeared in several different episodes.
- Don King - The boxing manager Lucius Sweet, who shares King's trademark hair and mannerisms.
- Raffi - In "Marge vs. Singles, Seniors, Childless Couples and Teens and Gays" a children singer Roofi is an obvious parody of Raffi.
- Paris Hilton - Rich Texan's daughter, Paris Texan.
- Rusty Nails/Rusty the Clown - Bart's idol/The Host On "The Krusty the Clown Show", Krusty/Herschel Krustofski.
- Hannah Montana - Alaska Nebraska is very popular like Hannah. She appeared on "Waverly Hills 9-0-2-1-D'oh".
- Mary Poppins - The main character of the Disney film. She was parodied as Shary Bobbins.
- Nirvana - Homer's rock band Sadgasm from "That '90s Show".
- Simon Cowell - Henry was voiced by Cowell in "Smart and Smarter" and designed to resemble him. The "real" Simon Cowell would appear in "Judge Me Tender".