Peter Griffin (born Justin Peter Griffin) is an obnoxious, boisterous man who lives in Quahog and the main protagonist of Family Guy. He has made many cameo appearances in The Simpsons, most notably, a full appearance in the crossover episode, "The Simpsons Guy". He is voiced by Seth MacFarlane.
Peter first appeared in the episode "Treehouse of Horror XIII", where Homer Simpson made a bunch of clones of himself, one of which was Peter Griffin, making a joke about the common criticism that Family Guy ripped off The Simpsons.
In the episode "The Italian Bob", Peter's picture was seen in a book, being labeled for plagiarism, making another joke about Family Guy being a Simpsons copy.
In the ending credits for the episode "Homerland", Simpsonized versions of The Griffin Family, including Peter, attended a 25th season premiere party for The Simpsons, alongside the main casts of other FOX cartoons, such as American Dad!, The Cleveland Show, and Bob's Burgers.
Peter made his first full appearance in the crossover episode "The Simpsons Guy". In this episode, Peter got a job as a newspaper comic writer. He made a misogynistic comic that triggered a bunch of third-wave feminists, who ran him and his family out of Quahog. Shortly after, his car was stolen and so, they went to Springfield and lived with the Simpson family for a few days. Peter befriended Homer and the two of them bonded over trying to find his car. They introduced Pawtucket Patriot Ale and Duff Beer to each other and got into a fight over who's beer was better. Homer accused Pawtucket Ale of ripping off Duff Beer, brought it to court, and won the case. This would eventually escalate into a chicken fight-esque war between the two, that would end in them forgiving each other and becoming friends. They agreed to stay a half hour apart, with nothing but a pile of garbage in between them and Homer lifted the ban on Pawtucket Patriot Ale. After that, Peter got his car back and went back home again, where everything went back to normal.
Peter Griffin is an overweight man with short cut brown hair and a big head which has become one with his neck. He has big, round eyes and a round nose, and a big mouth. His chin has a very large and deep cleft in it, making the rest of his chin very big and rounded. He wears glasses which are very thin and are the exact same shape and size as his eyeballs, making them pretty invisible at most times. He wears a white buttoned shirt with a collar and slightly rolled up sleeves. He also has green pants and a black belt with a golden buckle. He also has dark brown shoes.
Peter is rude, short-tempered, immature, idiotic, selfish, violent, sexist, racist, adultist, humanist, and has anti-Semitic tendencies. He has shot his daughter, Meg Griffin. He killed his adoptive father, Francis Griffin (although unintentionally because he was drunk...wait, isn't he always drunk?) and has struck and cheated on his wife Lois on multiple occasions. He is best friends with his neighbors, Glenn Quagmire, Cleveland Brown, and Joe Swanson.
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XIII" (Cameo)
- Episode – "The Italian Bob" (Seen in picture)
- Episode – "Homerland" (Couch gag)
- Episode – "The Simpsons Guy"
- Although technically, Peter is most commonly known as an American, Peter was born in Hypothesia. His mother attempted to abort him and since abortion was not legal in America at the time, she had to go to Hypothesia, where there were many notorious places where people performed the illegal procedure. However, by the time she got there, it was too late and she had given birth to Peter via birth tourism. After travelling back to America with him, Peter's mother never legally made him an American citizen, meaning that he's technically a Hypothesian. In addition to this, Peter's biological father is also Hypothesian, making him a blend of 2 part Hypothesian and 1 part American.
- Peter's birth name was actually "Justin" and his middle name was "Peter". Peter changed his first name back to "Peter" again but nothing of his middle name was even mentioned. It's possible that now his middle name is still "Peter", making his name "Peter Peter Griffin".
- Peter has aged 15 years since Family Guy started. He was 43 and is currently 58 years old.