The Pin Pals were a bowling team. They were originally composed of Homer Simpson, Moe Szyslak, Apu Nahasapeemapetilon and Otto Mann. Otto was later replaced by Charles Montgomery Burns who was then replaced by Dan Gillick.
In order to bowl when there were team matches being played, Homer claimed that he, Moe, Apu and Otto were a team. They however had to pay to become an official team. Homer went to see Mr. Burns who was drugged up and thought that Homer was the Pillsbury Dough Boy. Mr. Burns then gave Homer the money.
After Mr. Burns realized what he had done, he asked to join the team, at the expense of Otto. They managed to win the tournament and Mr. Burns took the trophy, quitting the team. Homer later attempted to break into Burns' Manor to steal back the trophy, but also got bitten by the hounds as a result.
Mr. Burns was later replaced by Dan Gillick. However, in the middle of the match, Dan had to leave because of his job. Presumably, the Pin Pals were disbanded after this.
The team was reformed by Homer, with Moe being the coach, as an apology for neglecting Moe in the basketball joust. During this time, Dan and Apu were replaced with Barney Gumble, Lenny Leonard, and Carl Carlson in the new team.
The team originally had white T-Shirts saying Pin Pals in black writing on the back, causing them to be laughed at. Mr. Burns later made new outfits for them that were more graphic and had their heads on bowling pins on the back and their name on the front. John later got hold of Homer's one from a good will foundation's donation (it is implied that Marge was the one who donated it), although the shirt was apparently shredded while Homer was savaged by Mr. Burns' hounds at the end of Team Homer. However, Homer must have gotten it back as it was seen in his cupboard again.
- Homer Simpson
- Moe Szyslak (coach)
- Barney Gumble (as of Singin' In The Lane)
- Lenny Leonard (as of Singin' In The Lane)
- Carl Carlson (as of Singin' In The Lane)
- Otto Mann (replaced by Mr. Burns)
- Mr. Burns (replaced Otto Mann; replaced by Dan Gillick)
- Dan Gillick (replaced Mr. Burns, eventually replaced)
- Apu Nahasapeemapetilon (replaced)
- Bender (Non-Canon)
- Episode – "Team Homer"
- Episode – "Homer's Phobia" (shirt seen)
- Episode – "Three Gays of the Condo" (shirt seen)
- Episode – "Moe Goes from Rags to Riches" (picture seen)
- Episode – "Penny-Wiseguys"
- Episode – "Simpsorama" (Non-Canon)
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- Episode – "Singin' In The Lane"