The Plow King was Barney Gumble's plow truck which he bought to serve as a rival for Homer's plow. The truck is still being driven by Barney and he continues to plow snow around Springfield in the winter seemingly as his main source of income.
The Plow King and Mr. Plow are both drivable vehicles in the game The Simpsons: Hit and Run. In the game, Homer borrows the Plow King so he can smash Mr. Burns' Limo in an attempt to delay Smithers from arriving at his office for an inspection. Barney accepts, although presumably because he was drunk due to him referring to Homer as a "sexy leprechaun" and requesting he not aim a dart gun at him. In a later level of the game, he sells the Mr. Plow to Bart.
In The Simpsons Road Rage the Plow King is Barney's vehicle when playing as him.
Behind the Laughter
Originally, the person who was supposed to be the Plow King was Lenny. However, the writers changed it to Barney as they felt Lenny didn't fit in.
- Episode – "Mr. Plow"
- Episode – "Miracle on Evergreen Terrace"
- Episode – "O Brother, Where Bart Thou?"
- Episode – "Undercover Burns"
- Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out (as "Plow King's Plow")