Santa Claus is a fictional character of Western folklore. In The Simpsons his likeness has been emulated through characters such as Homer Simpson and his mythical entirety has also been shown.
Near the end of World War II, Abe Simpson and Mr. Burns were stranded on a deserted island. On Christmas Eve, Santa flew over the island and Burns thought it was a Japanese, so he shot him down. Feeling sorry for what they did, they helped Santa by fixing his sleigh and gathering his reindeer (but couldn't find Rudolph and Prancer). When they were all ready, Santa was about to take off, then Burns hit him on the head with a coconut, stole his sleigh, and made all of the presents his. Abe found Prancer, got on him, and took off to get Burns. Abe caught up with him and beat him up with a tricycle. He returned the sleigh back to Santa and promised after he was done delivering presents, he'll come back and take him home, but never came back. Because of that, Abe wanted to get back and kill Santa.
But on one Christmas Eve night, Santa gave him his dead brother's lucky watch (the brother turned out to be alive after all). Santa told Abe that his brother Cyrus survived and crashed in Tahiti, and his brother loved being there so much (because of his 50 wives) that he stayed. Santa took him to see his brother and they had a nice vacation there. While there Santa told him he didn't save Abe because he was always putting it off and in the end, he was just too embarrassed to go. In The Fight Before Christmas he was portrayed as Krusty the Clown.
In a commercial for a book called The Answer, it says Santa Claus was one of the few people to have read the answer. When Edna Krabappel looks out the window in to the school playground, Santa is there; it is unknown whether this is just her imagination or if he really was there.
- Episode – "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" (Emulated by Homer)
- Episode – "Bart's Friend Falls in Love" (picture)
- Episode – "Lisa the Beauty Queen" (costume)
- Episode – "Marge Gets a Job" (statue)
- Episode – "New Kid on the Block" (mentioned)
- Episode – "I Love Lisa" (cutout)
- Episode – "The Front" (Bart's imagination)
- Episode – "The Day the Violence Died" (Walking through the court doors with several other people)
- Episode – "Simpson Christmas Stories"
- Episode – "Bart Gets a "Z""
- Episode – "The Fight Before Christmas"
- Episode – "Peeping Mom" (Mentioned)
- Episode – "The Nightmare After Krustmas"
- Episode – "Bobby, It's Cold Outside" (Portrayed by Sideshow Bob)
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out