- “I'm Shauna”
- ―Shauna's catchphrase
“All seeing? Yeah, When’s that last time you saw your feet?” —Shauna insulting Comic Book Guy’s weight
- “Either the duck suffers or the kid does, or none of you's getting nothing from Shauna. I'm Shauna.”
- ―Shauna's first spoken line.
Shauna has medium-length brown hair and freckles and wears red lipstick and gold hoop earrings. She also sports two tribal tattoos on her upper-arms.
She is most often seen wearing jeans, a short white tank top that reveals her navel, and brown flip-flops, and has also been seen in a red bikini when swimming and a red devil outfit at Halloween. Sometimes, she wears a red bandana on her head, mostly in her earlier appearances. In "Livin' La Pura Vida" Shauna was seen wearing a black bralette under an open orange, short sleeved, button up with jean shorts, and black and white sandals. Shauna is also seen wearing a black jacket with red trim during episodes set in the fall/winter.
Shauna seems to be a bully, since Jimbo Jones, Dolph and Kearney had to impress her by throwing a duckling into the air, and according to Shauna, either the ducks suffer or Bart does. She later becomes Jimbo's girlfriend, as Ned sees her kissing Jimbo. She later makes a cameo as one of Jimbo's SpringFace friends, and later as one of Nelson's many wives as seen in a non-canon story.
Her most prominent appearance was in "Beware My Cheating Bart", in which she was a central character. She becomes smitten with Bart when he keeps standing up for her after being assigned by Jimbo to watch her while he and his friends do other activities that do not interest her. After Bart takes the blame for her shoplifting, she shows Bart her breast as a reward, which shocks him. After talking to Lisa, she decides she doesn’t want Jimbo or Bart, but later goes back to dating Jimbo.
- Shauna is implied to be bisexual, as Dolph said she invited 200 boys (not including Jimbo) and seven girls to make out with her on a SpringFace-sent message.
- Simpsons World names her the "Sleazy Girl".
- In "Diggs," she is seen smoking in church, and is seen smoking again in "What to Expect When Bart's Expecting".
- She is first mentioned in "How the Test Was Won", when Principal Skinner mentions he bought wrapping paper from her.
- In “Treehouse of Horror XXVIII”, she is dressed as Pippi Longstocking.
- In "Daddicus Finch", it is revealed she is Jewish when she celebrates her bat mitzvah at the synagogue and recites from the scriptures in Hebrew.
- Her "Star Board" alias in The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson is "IMSHAUNA"
- Shauna's implied age is inconsistent. Her bat mitzvah is shown, which usually occurs when girls are 13. She is shown working for Swapper Jack's and Marge's sandwich shop, jobs which would typically require her to be at least 16. In "Sorry Not Sorry" she is seen in detention at Springfield Elementary, implying she is a student there. The oldest elementary school students are usually 11 or 12.