Snowball V, commonly referred to as the new and improved Snowball II, is the Simpsons' fifth cat and looks exactly the same as the original Snowball II, which was killed when Dr. Hibbert's Mercedes-Benz hit her by accident. The Crazy Cat Lady throws the cat at Lisa while she is mourning the deaths of the other cats that she kept (Snowball III and Coltrane (Snowball IV). She and Santa's Little Helper are the two current pets of the Simpson family.
After the Crazy Cat Lady throws the cat at her feet saying that she doesn't want it anymore, Lisa tells it to leave, because any cat that she owns is unlucky and is certain to be killed. As the cat starts to cross Evergreen Terrace, Gil drives by in his car. Gil swerves to miss the cat, hits a tree, and his car bursts into flames, which means that Gil will be able to use the insurance money to buy food. Since the cat is unhurt, Lisa takes it as a sign of good luck and adopts her.
Lisa renames Snowball V "Snowball II," in her words, "to save money on a new dish." She also vows to pretend the whole thing never happened (i.e., two adopted cats dying in quick succession). Principal Skinner, who happens to be walking by and overhears Lisa talking to the cat, asks "Isn't that a cheat?", to which Lisa replies "I guess it is, Principal Tamzarian" (referring to when he admitted he was not the real Seymour Skinner, while knowing that the citizens of Springfield should never speak of that again).
The cat later becomes overweight after abandoning the Simpsons for brief periods to visit a different family. At the other family's house, she is fed, taught tricks and given the name "Smokey".
There is suspicion that Snowball V is in fact the new and improved Snowball II, but there is no proof, except for that she looks like an exact replica, but in real life many cats look identical. She may even be related to her or an identical twin. However the answer to that happens to be unknown.
At one point, Homer forces Snowball V to grab Santa's Little Helper by the collar (with difficulty) so he could then say the adage "look what the cat dragged in" (with Bart and Lisa, upon witnessing it, not being impressed with his actions).
- Episode – "I, (Annoyed Grunt)-Bot"
- Episode – "Catch 'Em if You Can"
- Episode – "The Way We Weren't"
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XV"
- Episode – "The Seven-Beer Snitch"
- Episode – "Don't Fear the Roofer"
- Episode – "The Mook, the Chef, the Wife and Her Homer"
- Episode – "Jazzy and the Pussycats"
- Episode – "Moe'N'a Lisa"
- Episode – "The Wife Aquatic"
- Episode – "Rome-Old and Julie-Eh"
- Episode – "Crook and Ladder"
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XVII"
- Episode – "Little Orphan Millie"
- Episode – "Mypods and Boomsticks"
- Episode – "Donnie Fatso"
- Episode – "The Simpsons Guy" (cameo)
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XXII"
- Episode – "The D'oh-cial Network" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Opposites A-Frack"
- Episode – "Walking Big & Tall" (cameo)
- Episode – "Peeping Mom"
- Episode – "Puffless"
- Episode – "The Girl Code"
- Episode – "Gal of Constant Sorrow"
- Episode – "How Lisa Got Her Marge Back"
- Episode – "Dad Behavior"
- Episode – "Dogtown"
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
- Snowball II's profile at TheSimpsons.com
|Snowballs I a V|
|Snowball I • Snowball II • Snowball III • Snowball IV • Snowball V|