SpongeBob SquarePants is a cartoon character from the Nickelodeon TV series of the same name. He is the main protagonist of the show and lives in a pineapple house in the underwater town of Bikini Bottom along with other sea creatures.
He was created by the late Stephen Hillenburg.
In The Simpsons
SpongeBob is a sponge-like creature from the cartoon of the same name. SpongeBob has been referred to several times:
In the opening credits of the episode "Pray Anything," SpongeBob is mentioned in Bart's blackboard gag, which says "SpongeBob is not a contraceptive."
In "She Used to Be My Girl," Lisa Simpson, needing a god to pray to, tells a newscaster she is praying to Jesus, Buddha, and SpongeBob. Then the camera shows heaven, where Jesus, Buddha, and crudely drawn SpongeBob are. Buddha asks Jesus, "Perhaps we should help?" and SpongeBob interrupts, saying "Screw her!," then laughs insanely, while Jesus shakes his head.
In "The Wife Aquatic," Marge Simpson and Lisa go to an aquatic museum where there is an exhibit that reads "The Science of SpongeBob" and it shows a SpongeBob statue next to it. Patrick Star also appears as one of the mollusk photos.
In "Treehouse of Horror XX," a Frankenstein's monster was dressed in a SpongeBob costume.
In "Yellow Subterfuge," when Krusty the Clown's show is dipping in ratings, he asks Lisa for help; she suggests that he sell foreign rights to his show, saying that even SpongeBob did it. She shows him an Italian parodied version of SpongeBob SquarePants on her tablet called Spugna Roberto Quadrati Pantaloni ("Sponge Roberto Square Pants"). In the show, Spugna Roberto (a parody of SpongeBob SquarePants) gives a gift to Squiduardo Calamari (a parody of Squidward Tentacles) for his birthday; the gift is a landmine from World War II. Squiduardo declines the gift, and while he is talking, a non-anthropomorphic seahorse lands on the landmine's button, detonating it and blowing Spugna Roberto & Squiduardo to pieces. A female fish in funeral attire arrives at the scene and exclaims "Calamari?, Noooo...!!!" and starts crying. In the parody, Roberto lived in a watermelon under the sea, spoofing SpongeBob's pineapple house.
In "Brick Like Me," Comic Book Guy says that Bart's giant robot is made out of Batmobile, Hobbit-hole and SpongeBob LEGO play-sets. SpongeBob's pineapple from the Bikini Bottom Undersea Party set is clearly visible in some parts.
In "The Way of the Dog," at the Dognitive Behavioral Therapy Institute, one of the dogs holds a plush that resembles SpongeBob SquarePants.
- Episode – "Pray Anything" (mentioned)
- Episode – "A Star Is Born-Again" (mentioned)
- Episode – "She Used to Be My Girl"
- Episode – "Fat Man and Little Boy" (T-Shirt seen)
- Episode – "The Wife Aquatic" (statue seen)
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XX" (Frankenstein's Monster is dressed as him)
- THOH – "Treehouse of Horror XXI" (Bob Anderson is credited as "SpongeBob Anderson Pants)
- Episode – "Angry Dad: The Movie" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Yellow Subterfuge" (Italian version)
- Episode – "Brick Like Me" (mentioned)
- Episode – "Treehouse of Horror XXIX" (mentioned)
- Episode – "The Way of the Dog"
- Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage (mentioned)
- SpongeBob SquarePants on the SpongeBob SquarePants Wiki