The Happy Little Elves is a children's program. First appearing in the short of The Tracey Ullman Show called Grandpa and the Kids, the characters in the Happy Little Elves are often crudely drawn and are generally a aimed at younger children. They have spawned several direct-to-video films. Merchandising includes posters, lunchboxes, shirts, dolls, other toys, etc. Bart hates The Happy Little Elves, calling them “the crappy little elves” on several occasions. Although primarily aimed at young children, there was at least one entry to the franchise that was aimed more towards adults, "The Happy Little Elves Meet Fuzzy Snuggleduck", being rated R.
Movie and TV show listings
- The Return of the Happy Little Elves 
- The Happy Little Elves Meet the Curious Bear Cub 
- The Happy Little Elves in Tinkly-Winkly Town 
- The Happy Little Elves Meet Fuzzy Snuggleduck (Rated R) 
- The Happy Little Elves Enjoy Each Other's Company 
- The Happy Little Elves' Happy Little Picnic 
- Attack of The Happy Little Elves (2002)
- The Happy Little Elves 2: The Legend of Doofy's Gold 
- The Happy Little Elves The Sequelf
Cast of Characters
- Moldy – the elder. He has bottle-thick lenses, dark green skin w/ darker green ‘liver spots’ all over, carries a cane
- Bubbles – He has 2 buck teeth, 3-button shirt, cone hat leaning backwards
- Yendor – He has the blue-striped shirt, hat flopped-over backwards
- Doofy – He has a single star on his shirt and a cone-shaped hat leaning forward
- Cheery – The chick with big, blond hair
- Brainy – He has no hat, big skull, and glasses
- Chilly – (“the elf that cannot love”,) Frowns, seen on the cover of the video in “Enchanted”, hat flops over to the side.
- Gloomy – The self-hating elf (apparently resembles Bart, as stated by Lisa in "Scary Movie".)
- Smiley – Probably a happy elf
- Giggly – Probably giggles a lot
- Happy – Probably always happy
Their co-stars in Elfland include:
- Curious Bear Cub – the curious cub, who is green, with a smile and a big nose; and, Fuzzy
- Snuggleduck – it appears in the R rated movie The Happy Little Elves Meet Fuzzy Snuggleduck; a doll is shown in "Give me Merchandising or Give me Death!"
- Captain Cook – their resident bad guy and stereotypical pirate character, with a Jolly Roger pirate hat, snaggle-tooth, eye-patch, and peg-leg.
There was a different female Elf seen on Maggie's wall  once, and there was a completely different, bearded elf (possibly “Gloomy”) pictured in the poster for “Return of the Happy Little Elves”.
- It's possible that the Happy Little Elves were inspired by The Smurfs.
Hill, Dave. The Happy Little Elves Mini-Guide.