The Loop (TV)
|| The Lastest Gun in the West
Previous Episode References
- The way Buck McCoy and Frank the wonder horse is a lot like Roy Rogers and his horse Trigger.
- The weapons that Snake and his gang use in the bank robbery are the M41A pulse rifles from Aliens albeit painted completely black.
- At the end of the episode when Buck is going into his house, the theme music from the film The Magnificent Seven is played.
- One of Buck McCoy's various shows was "McTrigger", in which all he does is shoot hippies, is a reference to Dennis Weaver's former series, McCloud.
- McCoy says "McTrigger" was retooled into Room 222.
- Homer creates a picture of himself in a bathing suit that mimics the famous Farrah Fawcett pinup poster from the 70's.
- When Buck introduces himself to Bart, the flute intro from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (composed by Ennio Morricone) plays.
- The western craze generated by Buck McCoy in Springfield mimics the western craze the movie Urban Cowboy generated when released in 1980.
- In the "McTrigger" clip characters from the comic strip "Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" are among the hippies Buck shoots.
- One of the short stories the vicious dog ate up appears to be The Lottery, by Shirley Jackson.
- End of this episode references the end of the western comedy Blazing Saddles.
- When Buck is talking to Bart about his old movies, he refers to one entitled "Six Brides for Seven Brothers", which is a reference to the real-life 1954 musical film "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers".
- In the scene where Homer wants to call Buck about the robbery, the audio has Lisa saying "Dad, I'm on the line". But the closed captions say Operator: "First, pay your phone bill".
- During the first time the dog chased Bart to the Simpsons' house, he bit Bart's clothes through a mail opening on the door, but after that scene, the mail opening is gone.
- At one frame in the kitchen where it shows the white dog at the window blowing out fog, the walls are pink-tan instead of light purple.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA
unless otherwise noted.