InformationThe Duffs' names are Tipsy, Queasy, Surly, Sleazy, Edgy, Dizzy and Remorseful. The only Duff that speaks is Surly. True to his name, he has a surly and cynical demeanor. He says things like "Hey, Surly only looks out for one guy ... Surly!", "Shut up" and "Take a picture, it'll last longer. Get outta here!" Also, while waving to people at the Duff Dayz Beer Festival, Surly says in a loud voice, "Drink Duff!", then covers his mouth with his hand and adds, "Responsibly," in a much quieter voice.
Behind the Laughter
- The Seven Duffs are an obvious parody of, reference to, and pun on, the Seven Dwarves from the Disney animated movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- The Seven Duffs' status as a parody of the Seven Dwarfs is underlined by their being a total opposite of the Dwarves:
- The Duffs are tall, while the Dwarves are short.
- Of the Seven Duffs, Surly is the only one who talks; of the Dwarves, Dopey is the only one who does not talk.
- Only Tipsy, Queasy, Surly, and Remorseful are named in "Selma's Choice." Sleazy's name is revealed in "Pygmoelian"; Edgy's and Dizzy's, in the poster at Moe's in The Simpsons: Hit and Run.
- Topiaries of the Seven Duffs are part of the Duff Brewery at Universal Studios Florida's Springfield expansion.
- Episode – "Selma's Choice" (first appearance)
- Episode – "Pygmoelian" (Surly and Sleazy)
- Episode – "Large Marge" (Surly)
- Episode – "Mommie Beerest" (Surly)
- Video game – The Simpsons: Hit and Run
- Video game – The Simpsons Road Rage
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.