- “He's right, you know.”
- ―Ugolin responding to Cesar, talking to Bart[src]
- “It will have a fine home, as a belt around the waist of a well dressed woman.”
Ugolin and Cesar are the owners and only employees (aside from Maurice the Donkey) of the Chateau Maison wine orchard. They use the foreign exchange student program to get Bart from the U.S. and have him work for them as their slave, to replace their donkey. They are very mean men and they give Bart very little food, force him to sleep on the ground, and make him taste the Anti-Freeze filled wine.
They had not waited long enough for their wine to ferment, so had decided to add Anti-Freeze to it for flavor. They got Bart to taste-test it (making sure he hadn't gone blind after drinking it), then sent Bart out to get some more Anti-Freeze. This turned out to be their undoing: Once Bart realized he had subliminally learnt fluent French, he told a passing police officer everything, and Cesar and Ugolin were arrested. It is assumed they went to a French prison.
Later they are seen watching TV in an apartment .
Ugolin can be see in the episode "Last Exit to Springfield" as one of the robbers when Mr. Burns closes the nuclear plant.
In the episode "To Courier with Love" he is shown as a hostile leather maker who tries to kill the blue snake that Homer was supposed to give them to pay for a trip to France, he tries to forcefully get it back, but ultimately fails.
Non-Canon AppearancesThey are seen as two of the surrendering French men in The Simpsons Game level, "Medal of Homer". In the ending, it is implied that Ugolin was the mayor of the village. Here, he was voiced by Harry Shearer.
- Cesar and Ugolin are the names of two of the main characters from Marcel Pagnol's novel collection "L'Eau des collines" which consists of "Jean de Florette" and "Manon des sources".
- Episode – "The Crepes of Wrath"
- Episode – "Lisa the Greek"
- Episode – "Last Exit to Springfield"
- Episode – "To Courier with Love"
- Comic book – Bart de Triomphe
- Video game – The Simpsons Game
- Video game – The Simpsons: Tapped Out
Notes and References