Hey Gran2, as you can see you came at the right time, we can really use some help, and I've seen your work at wikipedia. About your admin question, just help out here and do your best and I'll try to see if you have what it takes to be a good admin. Basel17 05:43, 7 January 2008 (UTC)
Thats why I like having you here, your not like the others, your a pro at this. I agree with pretty much everything, so go ahead and do what you need to do. Basel17 06:43, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
The wiki was pretty vacant for a while, but everyone seems to be coming back (must be because its summer). The episode pages could use some attention. I've been copying old pre-GA pages from wikipedia and moving them here, that's been a big help. -- Brian McClure 21:27, 15 June 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, I've borrowed a series of template designs from the Star Trek wiki, so we have them now. It will probably be a while before we get every image tagged, but at least they exist. -- Brian McClure 18:05, 22 June 2008 (UTC)
Hey this is great that somebody finnaly somebody is taking a stand and saying what a mess this wiki is I'm so glad your here. I look forward to see HHow we can improve this. For the record I beleive we can add much more detail on the episodes. Let get this wiki back on its feet for one of the most beloved and still ongoing shows ever!!!!!!!
== That revert was an accident as i looked at the edit from the last time i was on, so i reverted it, then i went up the recent changes and found you already down it, sorry. Kingcjc 18:21, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
They did, and I'm not sure why I continue to bother. You should stick around, my reign of terror is almost over (due to travel, school), and I need someone to continue to put fear into everyone here. I think some of the users here are ex-wikipedia editors. Remember that NoD'ohnuts guy? I think he's here, and just as uncooperative as ever. The HMV might be as well. Still, the site is slowly improving, but it's an uphill battle, especially when I'm apparantly engaged in a power struggle with someone who thinks we can't work together because we've had the odd disagreement. -- Brian McClure 16:49, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- Brian, I thought we agreed that was behind us now? ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 16:52, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
I'm not sure why I ever went to bat for that guy, because he quickly started ignoring me and going back to his old ways. And that does sound fun... We should add Al Jean's comment "If you wanna see some off-hand remark you make end up on wikipedia for all-time" to his page and see what he does. -- Brian McClure 17:06, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
- That's awesome, now I've seen everything. I haven't watched the season 12 commentaries in quite some time, but I don't recall wikipedia being mentioned (otherwise, I probably wouldn't mentioned it at the DOH talkpage). -- Brian McClure 17:25, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
I wish he had said something about the book in an interview, then we could add it to the page. I wonder if Hank Azaria ever got punished for participating in it. Oh wait, they did punish him, they wrote that god awful "Judge Me Tender" episode and made it about Moe. -- Brian McClure 17:31, August 11, 2010 (UTC)
Section Title Case
Please use proper title case for section titles in articles, such as "Cultural References" and "External Links." If we want to have a sharper-looking wiki, it would behoove us to use proper capitalization. Thank you. -- Mythigator 19:04, August 20, 2010 (UTC)
Donnie Fatso - Donnie Brasco - Donnie Darko?
Hi. On TV.com, its listed as being a reference to both Donnie Darko and Donnie Brasco. So, I'm going to add Donnie Darko back in.21:04, August 21, 2010 (UTC)
Gran, you and I are more acquainted than you think. I go by Tj_terrorible over at Wikipedia. I felt like I've done all I could do to improve The Simpsons Project over there, so now I'm over here, trying to clean this place up, one step at a time. TheUnderfaker 15:34, August 26, 2010 (UTC)
Manual of Style
Hi, Gran. About your edits and summary on the Monstromart article; first off, we are not Wikipedia and therfore do not follow their Manual of Style. Wikipedia and a Wiki Wiki are two completely different things. Sure, we both provide an encyclopedia to things, but we, unlike Wikipedia, work in a in-universe style and follow our own Manual of Style. And second, if you feel there should be quotation marks around an episode title, thats your judgement to make, and go ahead and do so. I don't mind them being around episode titles in infoboxes (like you've been doing) but I hate it when people put them around the name of an episode - e.g "Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire" is the first episode of The Simpsons. I prefer the name of the episode to be in bold. Please see the Manual of Style. Also, as Im sure you know, discuss any issues you have with an article on the talkpage. Besides, your making some great edits and we all appreciate all the hard work your putting into Wikisimpons! Thanks, 15:16, September 2, 2010 (UTC)
Have you heard back from Mr. O? I'm at the usual place if you have time. -- Brian McClure 18:27, September 4, 2010 (UTC)
- Does George Meyer belong in the showrunner category? He's only credited with one episode, but it might be enough. Also, after reading the bit about his unproduced episode, I wonder if it was about Scientology? The quote "at least a couple of people on the staff/cast would've felt personally attacked by the episode" leads me to believe that it might have at least been about religion (especially given Meyer`s stance on religion). -- Brian McClure 23:37, September 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Speaking of which, (refer to first message). Meyer did Treehouse of Horror X. Considering how many people work on/for the show, I wouldn't be surprised if there were other scientologists. Joy of Sect only contained a few references to it, and none of them were really offensive (nowhere near what South Park did). I guess it could have been about another religion (Islam, perhaps, though that was long before the whole Muhammad controversy), but which one has a much-deserved reputation for being litigious? -- Brian McClure 23:50, September 10, 2010 (UTC)
I gave you rollback rights, I trust you'll use them well. By the way, heard anything from Mr. O? -- Brian McClure 23:29, September 21, 2010 (UTC)
- It's kind of funny that according to our current poll, Homer the Whopper is the best season premiere episode... Are our readers really that brain dead? (BTW, should I edit it to exclude THOH episodes, if that change were made, You Only Move Twice would be added). -- Brian McClure 21:50, September 22, 2010 (UTC)
I've made the switch. Those episodes make up a pretty good group, but I think it's the guest stars that really set them apart, and illustrate just how revered the show is. The guest stars who have been in those 21 episodes alone is a pretty impressive list: Michael Jackson, George Harrison, David Crosby, Tito Puente, Albert Brooks, Lisa Kudrow, Mel Gibson, The Who, Keith Richards, Mick Jagger, Lenny Kravitz, Elvis Costello, Tom Petty, Brian Setzer, Glenn Close, James Caan, Thomas Pynchon, Alek Baldwin, Metallica, Joe Pantoliano, Michael Imperioli, Stephen Colbert, Lionel Richie, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Robert Forster, and Seth Rogen.
Most shows would be lucky if they got even 1/4 of those guest stars. -- Brian McClure 22:15, September 22, 2010 (UTC)
Okay, I'll talk to you again tomorrow... Er, I guess it would be "later today" on your side of the planet and hopefully we can set something up. -- Brian McClure 01:46, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
Care to talk? -- Brian McClure 15:43, September 25, 2010 (UTC)
Hi, Gran. I've recently created a new project in order to deal with Wikisimpsons' grammar problem...however...grammar is prehaps my weakest area (despite being a budding writer) and I was just wondering if you'd like to takeover as "project founder and leader", after all, you've taught me a few things about grammar. You're welcome to take over the project if you wish. If not, no worries :) Effluvium 17:03, September 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Bearing in mind he originally named it Project Grammer, so yeah, he may not be the right guy for the job No offence. ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 17:05, September 22, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah...thanks for embarrassing me even more, Solar...but yeah, Gran, you're probably the best guy for the job... Effluvium 17:08, September 22, 2010 (UTC)
☆The Golden Homer Award☆
| The Golden Homer Award
Congratulations! For your outstanding service to articles you have been awarded the Golden Homer Award for September 2010!
- Congrats on winning the Golden Homer, and thanks for bearing with my grammar and style questions. You've been very informative and I really appreciate it. -- Mythigator 18:33, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Yes. A great user. You deserve this award, Gran! :) Effluvium 18:35, October 1, 2010 (UTC)
I've noticed that you've been pretty quiet on the possible move, where do you stand on it? -- Brian McClure 02:03, October 9, 2010 (UTC)
- Were you planning on staying here? -- Brian McClure 23:35, October 14, 2010 (UTC)
Hey, are you moving to shout wiki?
It's Magic - Kingcjc 15:30, November 18, 2010 (UTC)